This large hotel (350 or so guest rooms) fills the skyline above the marina that is Puerto Calero. Built into the hillside that rises from the marina it occupies a very large rectangular site on several levels with guest rooms in blocks around the perimeter and pools and terraces inside these. Most rooms have balconies facing the sea.
Our room was in a block at level '0', bottom of the site and closest to the marina. The room was a good size with a layout typical of purpose built 4* accommodation. It had two single beds side by side, not the type that can be put together to form a double. Furniture showed signs of age and been poorly renovated. The Television set was old; of a style that was popular in the 1980/90s with a limited choice of channels and poor picture quality. The standard of cleanliness and housekeeping service was high.
A major problem with the room was the absence of anything to restrict sound transmitting between the room and immediately adjacent rooms (through thin walls, heating / air conditioning vents and, on one side, a connecting door). For neighbours we had the delight of a young family with a thankfully contented infant whose murmurings were a pleasant change from the endless nattering and frequently raised voices of the two women who occupied the room on the other side of ours.
Most guests at the hotel were staying on an all inclusive or half board basis and the restaurant arrangements reflected this. Meals were buffet style; excellent choice and good quality given the size and nature of the catering required; good value but certainly not fine dining. I could not recommend the house wine.
Outside there are several pools, one of which is heated in winter, bar and terraces and a children's play area. A spa is also available but use of this is at an additional cost for all guests.
The hotel provides a bus service to and from Puerto Del Carmen some three miles distant. Local buses also stop a short walk from the hotel. These are of a high standard and inexpensive. Taxis are also excellent value but don't rely on prebooked taxis arriving on time. Inevitably it will be necessary to call again and the response is no different to calling a taxi on spec; expect to wait up to 15 minutes. There is also a coastal path from the Marina to Puerto Del Carmen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero