We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on here last year, and have to say it lived up to all our expectations, and more besides! We had a warm welcome at reception, which was very efficient and gave us all the information we needed about the hotel and its many facilities. Our room had a sea view, as booked as part of our package with First Choice holidays, with the front door overlooking the salt water pool - what more could you ask for?
The room was kept spotlessly clean thanks to the daily visit from the maid, who did a great job, but this was reflected throughout the hotel, with all public areas immaculately clean.
We found the food choice excellent, with a good variety of dishes throughout the week, including a couple of themed nights in the restaurant. This was a great improvement on our previous experiences of AI elsewhere. Branded drinks ARE included in the AI package, with the exception of top brands, the supplements for which are clearly shown on the bar tariff on each table. We also enjoyed the opportunity to share a bottle of wine with our dinner.
The evening entertainment was varied, but generally of a good standard, after reading some other reviews on here we were intrigued to see Tonys Band - definitely not the highlight of the week! The entertainment team put on some great shows, especially the Grammy Awards night, this was the last night of our holiday and gave us a great send off! Worth mentioning that this team work all day long, providing activities for adults and kids throughout the day and then performing till 11pm at night, they were amazing, and made everyone feel welcome. The same can be said for the staff throughout the hotel, they gave great service without being too formal.
It is true what they say about the sun beds, by lunchtime you do have to look around to find free ones, though we generally found some available on the lawn by the lower pool. We actually saw someone putting towels out at 12.20am as we went back to our room one night! Don't blame the foreigners, the Brits are as bad as the rest!
The road to the marina wasn't as steep as we'd expected it to be, though the back road through from the spa does give an easier option. Puerto Calero is a beautiful marina, and we took the water bus from there into Puerto del Carmen which was a pleasant 25 min trip. We also used the free bus service from the hotel, just a 15 minute trip and really convenient.
From beginning to end we had a great holiday, thanks to the Costa Calero and their amazing team. We were already thinking about our next visit before we even got home! Thank you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero