Our 4th visit here ( last was 18 months ago ). I emailed asking for a room in the area we'd been last twice, no luck.Paid extra for a sea view room and got the top of a palm tree outside our balcony. I suppose we could have tried to change it but from experience this is a hassle and when we found it had sparrows courting in it we rather liked it! Asked to pay to keep on room on day of departure ( 10 eoros for 3 hours) but not possible.
Apart from these little moans and very mixed weather, high winds, heavy rain, bright sun, we greatly enjoyed this holiday once again.
The room was clean and comfortable, with hard beds, we asked for it to be cleaned between 10 and 12 and often it done while we were at breakfast.
The food and drinks were as good as before. The staff are attentive and pleasant and Anibal, in charge of the animation team, remembered my name. I've no idea how.
In February the swimming pools were far too cold for me but the whole complex was always clean and tidy, despite the high winds.
I expect we will return next year but perhaps not pay for a sea view and see what we get.
We went with First Choice (Tui) and over all ,including the sea view addition, it was the same price as Saga, but better flying times,from Manchester. ( uncomfortable seats on the planes though ). Our rep, Sandra, was good.
I would suggest anyone thinking of going to shop around as its fairly large and lots of tour companies go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero