We've been going to the Costa Calero since the year after it opened, once or twice a year.
The staff, including bar, restaurant, cleaners, animation team etc are still fantastic - loads have worked there as long we we've been going! Reception are another story but that's for later.
We stayed this time 13th to 20th December to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. We got very lucky with the weather and relaxed ready for Christmas. It was my first time traveling outside of school holidays, it was so quiet - no issues with sunbeds could even have got them next to the main pool at 11am if we had wanted, which was a lovely change from the summer.
Note: The hotel have changed the classification of the rooms from winter 2012 season, standard/garden rooms are now the ones overlooking the street and any room, from patio doors, which looks onto the pool area is now classed sea view.
So onto my problem with reception we had booked garden view rooms (same as in the summer) which then was one of the rooms on ground floor overlooking the pool area. At check in one of the very nice reception gentlemen had offered to move us on the Sunday to sea view rooms for free (I had offered and would have been happy to pay) however his female colleague made it clear she was not happy with this.
On the Sunday when I returned it was the same female receptionist who was on the desk and she decided it wasn't possible. Now it could have been true but she was completely unbelievable - it came across as she just didn't want to do it. I was quite shocked at her attitude as don't expect such poor level of customer service. Surely if something had changed a note or a call to our rooms would have been appropriate? Anyway we got the rooms we had booked so not a huge deal.
However I'll consider before booking again as maybe, given the hotel's popularity, customer service is no longer a priority. It's a shame as the rest of the staff are such a credit to the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero