It was how first time in Lanzarote and we were very pleased with our choice of HOTEL COSTA CALERO it was extremely clean everywhere inside and in the grounds which has 4 pools to choose from. There are plenty of sunbeds for everyone! It is only 15 minute transfer from airport which is great and we were taken by minibus has there were only 4 people going to this hotel at the time. Check in was quick and friendly, we emailed before going to request high floor if possible and we was lucky enough to get a 5th floor room which was amazing with terrific views. When we went to our room the lock on the balcony door was broken so I rang reception and a new one was fitted within an hour while we went for a walk round the grounds. There is also a sauna for which you get a free pass for 1 treatment, but we didn't use it.
There was a large choice of food at every mealtime and large choice of wine. I am very fussy with food but I always found something to suit me. The only thing I would say is the food isn't very hot due to the amount of people they have to cater for but wasn't a problem! My husband only drinks coffee at breakfast and he said it was absolutely horrible so take your own with you.
Also there is no KETTLE in your room we took one plus tea and coffee.
You have to pay for the safe in your room and leave a deposit for the pool towels which you get back at the end of your holiday.
How room was kept clean to a very high standard the whole week we were there . We found all staff to be very friendly and helpful at all times. The pool bar gets very busy but there was always plenty of staff to serve you. The drinks were all branded such has Smirnoff Vodka, Gordons Gin, Martin, Malibu, Bacardi etc. House wines were good. They have quite long times to choose when you want to eat for all meals.
The busiest time for lunch seemed to be 1-2pm where you may have to wait for a table!!
The hotel do a courtesy bus to Puerto Del Carmen which you get just round the corner from the hotel to your left. It takes you to the centre which we wasn't very impressed with I think it was the bad part. If you walk into Puerto Del Carmen you come into the old town and walk towards the Harbour which looked very nice from the bus. Or you can walk to the Marina in Puerto Calero which is 5 minutes from the hotel and get a water bus which we were told by another couple was very pleasant and cost 10 euros return.
We didn't go on any excursions just had a very relaxing holiday and great weather on the 20-27th March, 2012.
Entertainment was good most nights. The Piano Bar has something going on most evenings and is very pleasant. There is a small shop within the Hotel but I didn't use it.
Puerto Calero Marina is very nice and has a few bars and restaurants along the front plus some
shops and a supermarket. There was a small market there on a Tuesday which we walked to before returning home.
Once again I must say that ALL STAFF THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL thank you.
Will definiately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for complete relaxation in a luxurious setting in the Canary Islands, allow yourself to be won over by the charms of the Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & SPA, a magical holiday resort built in 2004 and featuring details of Lanzarote's traditional architecture and lush tropical gardens of 27.000m2. The wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean to be enjoyed from our delightful hotel are an invitation to rest and relaxation on Lanzarote, although we also have a modern Talaso& SPA Centre providing an active pool, Roman Baths and beauty and thalasso treatments, a new concept in spas to restore mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Costa Calero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Puerto Calero
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Calero
- Iberostar Costa Calero
- Hotel Costa Calero Lanzarote/Puerto Calero