“new owners”
Review of Il Bistrot del Mare - CLOSED

Il Bistrot del Mare
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Genuine ambient,daily fresh products guarantee.The Menu offer classics and modern Italian dishes for all kind of needs (meat,fish,homemade pasta,vegetarian dishes,kids menu,take away).Great Italian Wines selection.Possibility to eat on a outside terrace accompagnied by soft music.Friendly and Accurate Service.We always put all our passion in order to exceed the guest expectations.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This restaurant has changed hands since my visit in March ,food previously was good but I would not recommend it now

6  Thank neil h

Reviewed November 24, 2013

What can I say, what a dissapointment! Went here based on good reviews and authentically owned Italian restaurant. The most expensive and disappointing meal of the stay in lanzarote!
We were the only table there and so yes lacked atmosphere but I could have got over this if the food was worth it!
Salad was ok to start, tomatoes not of any quality but mozzarella nice. Husbands pasta starter was nice however the duration of "cooking time" all we heard was microwave bells hence was not fresh food.
Main course was beer braised pork again out of the microwave, cold in the middle, fatty and extremely poor quality.
Should have known better when a restaurant is empty at 9pm on a Saturday night.
One to avoid!!

2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Having read some good reviews and a few mixed ones we decided that we would take a chance simply because we had some really poor service and food elsewhere in the marina. (as a result we did something we never do as we always like to get out and about and do our bit for the local cafes and bars),we went all-in-inclusive for our second week.
The staff were really nice,a glass of prosecco on arrival and some bread,sardines etc before we ordered.
I chose a fish with pasta starter and my wife got a poor tomato/mozzarella starter. We were the only table there and it was really quiet so we could hear my starter being put through its paces in a microwave. I have a particular dislike for these contraptions so I was less than pleased.
We both ordered the beer braised pork for our main course which was passable but not hot enough. Our young son was tired by this time and the thought of sending it back wasn't an option,besides I didn't fancy having it nuked within an inch of its life. We had high hopes but never returned.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Can't see this being around for much longer. We have eaten here previously and the food was excellent. As previously though this place is nearly always empty as it has to compete with all the places with a view of the Marina. Food was ok but nothing more. Little details like offering water and condiments were missing. But mainly it had no atmosphere at all as we were the only ones there and we've hardly seen any one there all week.

cindiments were missing.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Good food, excellent service and very friendly. On the night there was a very good Spanish guitarist! Unfortunately there was only us and another couple, which was due to lack of them being able to advertise in the Marina - what a shame!

3  Thank Inger12345