“Unprofessional chef and horrible service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Pinatar

Restaurante Pinatar
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Es Pujols
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delft, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unprofessional chef and horrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I just got my wallet back from a terrible robbery,lost all my cash but luckily they left my ID and bank cards. Then I spend the entire second day of dealing with my bank to convince them Unblock my card so I can get money. After all the bad experience I had in Ibiza I finally got a chance to enjoy my trip. We chose this restaurant by the rate of tripadvisor, with great expectation, however it made me sorry in the end. We ordered fisher style paella,the waitor understood me fine when took my order,but after the paella served he suddenly doesn't. The food was very salty, I have to complain twice before he took it back to the kitchen! In the first time, he first acted like he didn't understand me then say this was how they cook. I thought it was suppose to be this salty,So I gave another try. It was still unbearable. After I insisted him to taste the food he finally took it back. And came back with the same pot asking me wether I need something else without explain or apology!
Ithink it was already bad enough that the chef didn't taste the food bring out of their kitchen, but the service was even worse! the waitor acted like I don't understand their food so ignore my complain!
10 minutes later another waitor came and apologized for the salty food they made, and ask wether I need anything else .But it was too late ! I only asked for more water for the salty food but they brought the water without even help opening the bottle ! Let alone pour it for us! This was just not the way to treat customers ! Especially when you made such a terrible dish and try to fix it ! They marked on the menu the price is include 10% service fee, it was just not worth the money!
I felt so bad! Although the meal was on the house in the end, but the whole experience made me very unhappy! I felt weren't being respected because they think asian doesn't  understand weatern food!that was very offensive!The dinner was meant for cheer me up from the robbery but it turned out to be another disastor!I still have 5 days left of this trip but this made me want to leave as soon as possible! terrible!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AgnesQiu

Wroclaw, Poland
“not recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

we ordered two dishes: 1) fried octopus and 2) paello with fish and seafood. Spicy octopus I ordered was extremely fatty - just oil and simple sauce like piri piri you can but in market the octopus my wife took was not so fatty and acceptable. Paello was nothing special. The price was extremelly high (74EUR including two bears and cola) not adecuate to the meal ordered. The stuff was very nice and fast.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Best seafood in Pujols!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We've been going to Pinatar for decades, literally, and it never fails to deliver. The ambiance is relaxed both indoors and out in the terraced area, the service is professional and quick, the food is excellent. The fish is always fresh and of the highest quality (Xiqet, who originally set up Capri and then took over Pinatar, used to go out every morning super early to catch the day's supply). I especially recommend the fish stews (caldeta) and arroz mariner.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ericmag
Ivybridge
“Superb Sea Food in pleasant surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

During our recent vacation in Es Pujols, Formenterra we had the oppourtunity to visit many of the better restaurants in this seaside resort but the one that stood out from the rest was Restaurante Pinatar. You find it by walking 100yards up the main street leading from the town end of the seafront and crossing over from the pedestrian area, then walking a short distance on the lefthand side of the road.
It has a glass fronted foyer with tanks of live lobsters just in side on the left.
The seating area is just past these and there must be about 30 covers all within a walled garden. Nice soft lighting and all these tables are well laid with more than enough space between them to ensure reasonable privacy.
We booked our chosen table for 2100hrs and on arriving at said table were poured two glasses of Cava!
We were impressed by the clearly written menus and attentive wine waiter whom can answer any questions you might have.
The starter menu is very reasonable and they give you a bread and very delicious Aolli dip (This can be declined) we opted for small squids panfried shared between us, very nice indeed and lots of them, these cost us £12 for the two of us.
For wine we choose Vino Sol, a Vin Blanc Sec ,light on the pallete at £12.
My wife picked the Mixed Sea Food Platter which comes with a whole lobster halved, large shell-on crevettes, clams, muscles and shelled prawns all barbequed in a garlic and herb olive sauce, totally wonderful, this very large meal costs £27.
I opted for the Beef Fillet with fresh local veg, OMG, that was the best Ive ever tasted and it must have weighed at least 300grams and this came in at £20!!!!!!
I must also add that every time we ate at this restaurant it was full and the chefs must have been working at optimum capacity but the food always arrived within 15 minutes such is the well run order of this place.
We returned back here nightly for the remainder of our holiday so let this be a testimomy of our enjoyment.
Oh and one more thing, the toilets have got to be the most cleanest and swishest in the Med.
So in summing up, if you want to eat the finest seafood etc in Spain, in the most pleasant of surroudings for the most reasonable of prices with the most affable servers then go to the Pinatar.

• Visited August 2011