Tour Operator Thompson
Date of stay 31st August to 14th September
This was our fourth visit to this hotel over a period of ten years (and will be our last).
Last awards given to this hotel by Thompson 2006 guess that’s when it lost the platinum status.
Check in was at about 22:00 three members of staff at reception desk one doing nothing, one talking with a Spanish guest, one on the telephone. We waited patiently for ten minutes before the first couple in the queue were called forward. Then up to the desk walk three people who turned out to be German the couple called forward for check in were left so the receptionist could deal with the Germans one couple then a separate transaction with the third German. We were second in line to book in and the process took an unbelievable 35 minutes. And when we had booked in the one receptionist was still talking to the Spaniard and the other still on the phone. Unbelievable!
A cold buffet was laid on for our arrival this consisted of cold pizza and cold spaghetti
The room has seen better days bath needs replacing, beds hard, and we had an infestation of very small ants. Air extractor in the bath room was running but nothing being extracted?
Also bed linen not so good it was changed regularly but sheets and pillow cases were stained
Food in the main restaurant was of a poor standard, mostly barely warm.
We had Chicken served up from the carvery which was pink and juice’s still coloured
Steak slice when cut running with blood
Meat balls cooked on the outside raw in the middle
Chicken Curry with no hint of curry
Chilli con carnie but with no chilli
You did have a choice of how the bacon was cooked Main restaurant floating in a sea of oil or the La Choza restaurant where it was deep fried to a cinder and it snapped in your hand.
There were a variety of vegetables but no thought seems to be given as to what you want with the meats offered.
The main restaurant has a dress code No shorts and long sleeve shirts for men. It is displayed at the entrance quiet clearly.
This was not enforced when I asked the restaurant manager his reaction was well what can we do. (Maybe enforce your own rules!)
The numbers of waiters seem to have been cut back on this visit most seemed over stretched and as a result were rushing around but with little regard for the people paying their wages.(namely Guests) almost to the point of being rude.
There is a piano bar at the hotel and four times it was advertising a pianist who did not turn up.
I did ask at the reception on one occasion and was told that he had telephoned to say he was not bothering to turn up, yet still being advertised.
Sunbeds o dear what a very poor state they were in, and so many towels taking in the sun despite the fact it clearly says reservation in not permitted.
All of these comments were passed to the Thompson rep who offered us a meal out then a two hundred pound discount voucher which we declined as we will not be using Thompson again to be able to use them. We filled in a formal complaint form which said you will not be informed of findings. How can this be? Are you not supposed to know what happens after you complain?
This Hotel is rated for star it needs to be re assed as in my view it is at most now three stars.
Well these are my true thoughts and I hope it helps you to decide to give this hotel a miss don’t waste your money, as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fuerteventura Princess is ideal for couples, active vacationers and beach lovers. The 4 star hotel above Esquinzo Beach is designed like a small village. The 457 rooms are spread over 8 low-rise buildings. The detached premium-area ,,Esencia de Fuerteventura (212 rooms / 3 buildings) is located within the Fuerteventura Princess and may be booked separately. The Fuerteventura Princess is situated in the south of Fuerteventura, right above Esquinzo beach. There's a direct beach exit via a downward sloping path. Just a few kilometers away from the hotel are Jandía (4,5 km) and Morro Jable (6,5 km). Fuerteventura Airport is located 78 km from the Fuerteventura Princess. The hotel offers two restaurants and five bars (inkl. Lobby Bar, Disco Bar, Poolbar and Sportsbar). The main restaurant serves buffet style breakfast and dinner. At the La Choza a late breakfast, lunch or snacks may be enjoyed. There's a total of 5 outdoor pools, incl. kids pool, nudist pool, pool with a beach-volleyball court and a pool with a sloped entry. The hotel is perfect for sport fans featuring tennis court, multi-use-court, beach volleyball and a sports centre across the street. During the day the entertainment team hosts sporting activites. In the evenings there's shows and live-music. The smallest guests can enter the world of "Principito", the mascot of the Mini-Club. The young, multilingual entertainment offers daily fun activites for the kids. Hotel guests may enjoy free entrance to the wellness area with its sauna and turkish bath. The Fuerteventura Princess has a total of 457 rooms: standard and family rooms (consisting of two standard rooms with a connecting door). As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (unstocked), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. WI-FI (€) is available throughout the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelPower so you can book your Fuerteventura Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Princess Hotel Pajara
- Fuerteventura Princess Playa De Esquinzo
- Hotel Fuerteventura Princess
- Fuerteventura Princess Spain