Fuerteventura Princess
$164
$159
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ambar Beach(Jandia Peninsula)
$110
TripAdvisor
Esquinzo(Esquinzo)
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,910 results
All reviewsnaturist areamain restaurantclub lookealate breakfastpiano barevening entertainmentsaladsteam roomhalf boardmorro jabletiles missingplenty of choicerelaxing holidaynearest townnudist poolplenty of sunbedsbus service
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I arrived at the Fuerteventura Princess on 3rd August for what we thought would be a relaxing two week all inclusive holiday, we couldn't have been more wrong!

Positives: Stunning beach and sea views

Negatives: RUDE STAFF, dirty rooms, dirty plates and a serious lack of hygene in the restaurants, waiting times to get basic things like water in the Coco Loco bar 20 minutes (if you were lucky)! Hotel management not visable or even slightly bothered by the appaling lack of staff and their rudeness to the customers. Thomson rep Anna, only interested in selling excursions. No sunbeds available even at 6am as people were reserving them the evening beforehand, If you are reading this reveiw, I think you have got the message by now as the list of bad things about this hotel goes on and on......

I could not wait to leave this hotel and was very gald to get home, I can safely say that I will never stay at another Princess hotel ever again and if anyone from Thomson is readling this reveiw all I can say to you is this, "which numpty declared this hotel as Platinum standard"? this is NOT an all inclusive hotel, dissapointed doesn't even come close to describing this holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Viv W
DireccionFTV, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Fuerteventura Princess, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination.
We are currently improving our customer service and would like to apologise that we were unable to respond to your review sooner as our guest’s opinions are very important to us. For further information please visit our webpage.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arrived around 2pm on the 7th August after a very early start to be told our rooms weren't ready! This wasn't really a problem as we went to get something to eat and by the time we returned to reception we were given our keys and on our way to our rooms. Our cases were taken for us which was a relief as our rooms were on the third floor of a block that had no lifts. First impression of rooms was that they were a bit dated but clean and had plenty of space.
Unfortunately this was the worst Princess hotel we have stayed in and we have stayed in 3 others, Maspalomas in Gran Canaria, Guayarmina in Tenerife, twice and Suite in Gran Canaria.The staff on reception were not particularly helpful unless you were from a certain country, the bar and restaurant staff were overworked and therefore seemed miserable a lot of the time. In the restaurant you waited a long time for you plates to be removed between courses and sometimes we cleared our own plates onto spare tables so that we had space to eat. The choice and quality of food was good though, always something to find to suit and replenished regularly. The fruit was of poor quality though. Men were required to wear long trousers for dinner which is standard practice for Princess hotels although a few men were wearing shorts which was a shame as clearly this showed that standards had slipped.
The bars in the evening were under staffed and getting a drink took ages, we were half board and therefore had to pay for drinks so you'd think they would want our custom but this wasn't the case.
As we were half board the only place at lunch time to eat was the pizzeria which, in my opinion was a little grubby and had limited choice. I was sick of ham and cheese toasties by the end of the fortnight! The tables and chairs were sticky and the staff wiped them over with a cloth that they held on their person constantly and which never saw a drop of water or an antibacterial spray. The only other option was to travel to the restaurant/shops out of the hotel but these were an €8 taxi ride away.
Safes were €25 for the fortnight but the fridges were free of charge, I thought this was reasonable.
The pools were reasonable, our kids thoroughly enjoyed swimming in them but getting a sun bed was a real chore unless you were up before 6am. I'm sure people were reserving beds the evening before. There are no umbrellas either which is a shame.
On a positive note, the beach and sea were glorious, we thoroughly enjoyed our time there and it's very close to the hotel.
We didn't really see our Thomson rep apart from the last day as she didn't spend much time at the hotel. The only contact we had with her was via a letter put under our door telling us of our hotel departure time and this was wrong! Good job we had read the notice board outside the Thomson lounge the day before!
This hotel is only really worthy of a 3 star rating and we will definitely not be returning.
A last note, avoid the late breakfast restaurant at all costs, get up earlier and go to the main restaurant!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Catherine K

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have returned from my 7th visit with my mom and sister and i will tell it excatly as it is the first 6 visits where super I have no complaints with the first 6 visitation other wise we wouldn't have come back constantly (we also stay next door at jandia princess in feb) HOWEVER As u can tell from the reviews however over the last 3 weeks the hotel has turned all inclusive it is absolutely horrendous.
The staff are now unbearably rude! For example I asked a member of staff who slammed my driink on the table "please don't be rude" to which she replied by raising her hands in the air and shrugged her shoulders and said "so" . To add to this during eating a main meal at tea we where rudely aproached by the manager of the restaurant (hassan) who said we HAVE to buy lunch (bare in mine we where have way through our tea) drink in the resturant and where not allowed to bring in from another bar at the hotel. He was so rude to a point I had to ask him to. Move away from the table several times this resulted then on us leaving tea and going without that night and making my baby sister incredibly upset. I then after went again to complain to the hotel manager who then confirmed there was no problem with taking drinks from other parts of hotel to the resturant. My sister aged 11went to by an ice cream to which she was screamed at by a awful worker (nina) for leaving waterfootsteps to which left her very upset!!!! There rudeness is absoulty appalling. I think they forget we pay their wages at the end of the day,

When booking we where unaware of all inclusive we upgraded when we got there, however drinks where warm, there was absolutely no gas in drinks, for the first 2 drinks no day time drinks where available due to machines being down to which I asked for water to get the response 'no water available' what sort of all inclusive is that. It got that bad I yet again had to see the manager to request a refund on out all inclusive.

The pool ha broken tiles like you have never seen before. The roo,s where never cleaned properly under the beds where filthy to which when the manager was told by us again!

At meal times you can see people checking plates they where filthy!! Food still on them! Plastic spoons only available! Ice cream that was constantly not properly frozen!
The worst bit was a few days before leaving we were in breakfast to come across mouldy cakes to which we went straigh to complain to the manager! It's simple not acceptable! The lift their was wiring hanging out the walls! Unacceptable! I would advise anyone not to go to this hotel! It is not a 4* anymore!
I would advise anyone to think again before booking here! It's not the same since changing to all inclusive. I will never ever return.

• Stayed: August 2013
10  Thank 28serena

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hi, me and my wife have just returned from 2 weeks at the Princess, 14th-28th August, this hotel is set in a lovely location, the beach is lovely with miles of golden sand to sunbath on and to walk, we are not pool people, so the beach was perfect. outside of the hotel there is nothing, if you want bars/restaurants/shops etc then you will have to get a taxi to Morro Jable, which costs around 7.50-8.00 euros, you can as we did walk to Morro Jable from the beach, which takes around 50 mins, the hotel room we had was 2210, which was on the west side facing the beach, Warning do not get given any between 2200-2210 as there is on going building work to the left side of this block, and Monday till Friday you will have nothing but drilling/vibrating/noise disturbing your holiday, we had this for our 2nd week, but put up with it, due to not wanting the hassle of moving etc, the room we had was very nice,and kept clean daily by the hard working maids, the bed was terrible though,the mattress was as hard as stone, and i don't think i could of lasted another night, and we had ants in the room throughout our stay, the kind maid did give us some spray to deal with these, but it was a problem, i wonder if this was due to the building work being carried out nearby, the restaurant was fine, maybe a little repetitive with the food choice over 2 weeks but you would never go hungry, as previous people have stated!! the waiters/ waitresses do hover around and as soon as you finish your plate, its whipped away :-O but i really don't think this is a way to get you out the restaurant quickly, there just being helpful, and they are :-) as for 2.10 for a small bottle of coca cola or sprite,and i mean small!! that's a bit of a rip off, i wouldn't say this is a 4 star hotel but 3 star, it looks dated in places and customer care seems to have been taken over by wanting your money, ie Safe's 25 euros, pool tables 2 euros, sunbeds on the beach 12 euros and the on site shop way over priced, we did have a relaxing/chilled out 2 weeks though, hope this helps!!!

Room Tip: Don't receive a room between 2200-2210, there's building work in progress, be warned!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N t

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hi,

I am returning tomorrow (28th August 2013) to the Fuerteventura Princess for the 18th time. I am a regular visitor to Jandia and and have stayed at the other 2 hotels .... Club Magic Life and Club Jandia Princess ... but always come back here ... it has a certain ambience and charisma which is difficult to describe ... you have to stay here to appreciate it.

I notice now that the hotel is offering all inclusive accommodation which is quite new .... previously it was just half board as standard.

When I was last there in July the hotel was starting on a refurbishment program for a lot of rooms so it will be interesting to see the outcome.

Try it ... you will not be disappointed. It is also very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo