Usually all trips through Namibia start from Windhoek to the south, and end at Etosha.
We did it the other way round, so we ended up at Kalahari Anib Lodge at the end of our trip.
The personel at the reception is very warm and friendly, but after some explanation about the lodge and the surroundings, before we saw our room, we have been asked to pay the evening before we leave, because this would be easier for us. I am not sure about this...
As we have stayed in some other lodges, we had some expectations, which have not been met at all. This can be due to the fact, that this was our last stop in Namibia, but we have seen other places for the same money, that very twice as good.
We did the sundowner game drive, and saw some aninmals, but if you have been to Etosha before, don´t do it! It cannot be compared to Etosha, and you will be disappointed, too.
The dinner starts at 8pm, straight, and is a four course set dinner.
We had buffets at other lodges for the same price, and we were lucky to have some food with us, which we could eat after dinner, as we were still hungry. The main course was cold, when it was served, and the vegetarian dish for my girlfriend was unenjoyable.
Breakfast was ok, but nothing more.
The pool, which was located directly in front of our room, not the main pool, was occupied by some bigger spiders.
The room was nice, the bed was ok, too, but we had some problems with some sort of bee (or other insect) which stung me during the night. The mosquito net in front of the windows had some wholes, and so we decided to sleep with AC on. This was the only night in Namibia which we slept with an AC.
We also had the feeling, that a lot of all in tourists are visiting this lodge, which makes it rather uninteresting for us. We like the more individual style.
So perhaps you should try out Red Dunes Lodge, which is nearby.
We will not go here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalahari Anib Lodge lies like a lush green oasis in the midst of red Kalahari dunes. The restaurant and chalets are arranged around a shaded courtyard with a large swimming pool. 52 rooms(30 Twin Standard, 17 Twin Comfort and 5 Family Comfort Rooms) with a private veranda are available for tour groups. Located about 30 km northeast of Mariental the lodge makes for a perfect stopover on the way south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kalahari Anib Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Anib Hotel Mariental
- Kalahari Anib Lodge Namibia/Mariental