“the new akosombo continental hotel”

Akosombo Continental Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Akosombo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have been a frequent visitors to akosombo and sometimes we stayed in the continental hotel over the years two years ago. We realize the hotel was gradually going down but last week we took a second look at the place and saw renovations going on there it grab our curiosity so we asked and was told it used to be under an indian management and now the Indian has been kicked out and its under a new management a Ghanaian and a Dutch man and so far they are doing a very good work the place is taking back its glory and i hope they do more to bring all the animals back and the new continental is really impressive, Check it out yourself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ghanaian

Reviewed March 4, 2013

After I read the reviews I was expecting the worst but to my suprise it was veryyyy enjoyable. The management was nice the staff were on point the rooms clean and the pool was awesome. The food is very good . And tge view is fantastic . My husband and friends and I had a lovely time especially in the evening we swam da hole night :)

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank hannahcaptan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I checked into this hotel late at night,the reception tried to keep my change,when i demanded my change she was not pleased,i did not get my change untill 2 days later when i went back to the recption and demanded for it.Room service charge officially cost 2ghc but on this time,this lady told me its 5ghc when i went her to verify i was told its 2ghc she was ashamed.The bathroom has not been cleaned for ages and it was uncomfortable taking a shower,but its has a wonderful outdoor with river and breathtaking secnes.It goes on to show that staff are dishonest and i urge people to be carefull of personal belongings.I was there in October 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor is not safe as river lizards can stray easily into your room.Mosquitoes ar...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank michael W
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We came here as a last resort as I had already seen poor reviews about this hotel and sadly it lived up to its underwhelming reputation. The reception staff was unfriendly, unhelpful and then tried to keep the change from my payment. Very unimpressive.

The smelly room had loose wires dangling from the walls and plug sockets were loose and hanging away from the wall. There was a dangerous and uncared look about the place. Oh and the charming free extra was the rat hanging about outside our door and its friends scuttling across the restaurant floor.

The price is easily double what is indicated here. DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank PoupouneLeighonSea
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I would recommend this place to any one it is quite the scenery is fantastic on the river the roooms are clean and the resturant food is great a mixture of local and Indian, The service was not too bad most of the staff was nice. The small zoo just needs a little more maintainace and and the jet keys needs fitting how ever you can get a boat to the dam or the village for a reasonable fee. i enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy E
Reviewed January 9, 2012

To anybody thinking of staying at this hotel DONT of all the places we have been in the world this Hotel,is the very worst its management and staff are the worst on the face of the planet. It is dangerous when you have a shower you get a electric current feeling on the tap the television is plugged in by two bare wires wires are hanging loose and free from lighting. In the public toilet the sink has no taps and forget about toilet roll I dont think they know the word. The staff are the most rude ignorant and if you are from the western world you are judged by your colour In normal modern thinking in the world we call it racism and this hotel has a abundance of that. So please take this advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.....

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank mw00311
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Let me first say if you intend staying in akosombo go to the volta hotel. Its 30usd more but the facilities are far superior and well worth the extra money. Ok so the review of the akosombo continental. Never have i seen such bad mannered disgusting service. The people who work there really fell from another planet. They are unfriendly. We arrived early and wanted breakfast. Well 10 ghc gets you 3 cocktail sausages, an egg so over cooked that if you threw it on the floor its bounce back in your face and knock you out, 3 baked beans in lizzard vomit and a slice of half cooked toasts and not only that it was cold when it came. The location is nice and to be honest is the only decent thing going for the place. The grounds are ok at best. The pool is dirty and myself and my wife feel cheated and disapointed. We wish we had spend the extra 30 to stay at the volta hotel. Really folks - can't stress enough. Its like comparing a cheese sandwich to haute cuisine. For the people from the uk your paying easily 70quid for a room that is nowhere near the standard of travel logde. Last note. They charge in dollars but expect payment in ghc and they have an exchange rate heavily in their favour. Totally disgusting. Volta hotel - million times better. Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? I wouldn't recommend it to a street dog.

• Stayed: February 2011
13  Thank jeeveywonder1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akosombo
The Royal Senchi
#3 of 7 in Akosombo
The Lansdown
The Lansdown
#1 of 6 in Aburi

Been to Akosombo Continental Hotel? Share your experiences!