“lovely place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Axim
London, United Kingdom
“lovely place!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lovely room (we stayed in the cheapest one), food is okay (not great, not awful), breakfast included, lovely staff (even if they try to get a bit too friendly and ask for your contact details....), beautiful beach and all for a brilliant price. Would recommend :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Viseu, Portugal
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was there 3 times and soon i will be there again. For me is a lost paradise and when i back home i feel better,Axim beach hotel is a wonderful place far from chaotic Accra.Here all is peaceful ,nice beach,good food and kind staff.i was here 3 times always in february and hope be back this here ,this time for a whole month. Not far ,is the Cote d'ivoire ,another wonderful country.
in axim you get cliffs ,beach with gold sand,and tropical forest

Room Tip: in all rooms you watch the sea
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on and off (mainly on) for 3 months. The positives are clear, the location is idyllic the rooms are okay and clean (if you don't mind sharing with lizards!) and the reception is just about organised. However the quality of food has steadily declined to in my opinion an unacceptable standards. Originally a menu as offered although granted it took a while to come but the food was okay. Now you pay 35cedi (~$20) for Luke warm rice and either over cooked boney fish (despite being next to a fishing port the fish is not fresh) or dangerously undercooked chicken, very rarely you may get an unidentified 'meat' to accompany this. The trouble is due to guaranteed bookings due to various projects and no real local alternatives they are exploiting this. I would recommend paying a bit more and staying in one of the nearby alternatives.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed P
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice and neat Place and view on the Beach!!!!
enjoyable place! We (My family and I) didn't spend much time there, but the rooms are affordable and the place is nice. Quite strange the documentation at the reception seemed quite old and irrelevant (there was a description of the Accra Branch on the reception board of the Axim Branch saying:15min from the airport") quite funny!!!!
The staff is nice and amicable!!! Items are quite cheap but not too extremely expensive
Nice place for a Honeymoon!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kumasi, Ghana
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Unfortunatly we went to Axim with 2 other families for Easter and we were very dissapointed. First the food was well below standard - breakfast was a little bread bun and a sort of omelet just awful, not butter, no jam nothing (we have been in Ghana for a year so know what to expect), second the service was very very slow. 3 1/2 hours for 2 pizza's !!! Even when we tried to order 3 hours ahead to eat at 1 our food arrived at 2.30 and was cold. Thirdly we had GHC stolen out of our bags, i know we shouldve been more careful but we thougt after "hiding" the money in our bags we would be ok. Our friends had there purse taken to. (Luckily no GHC but all her cards were in it and its not so easy to cancel and get new international cards whilst in Ghana.
The beach was wonderful but unfortunatly i doubt very much we will return to Axim.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NicoleHamilton
Halmstad, Sweden
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at Axim Beach Hotel after 3 months in Ghana. We lived in a lovely little Chalet with seaviews for 110 GHC. It was nice and clean and it has a good standard with attention to details.

The restaurant is very good by Ghanian standards and we enjoyed the food very much.

There was barely any people at the beach and the staff was very helpful and service was good.

Wish I found this place earlier! :)

Room Tip: Get one of the chalets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Accra
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I visited Axim for 3 days in March 2012 after reading good reviews on here. I had read that the food was nothing to look forward to, but they must have improved or changed their chef because I must say I really enjoyed all my meals there, save one. The Breakfast buffet also had a decent array of delicious offerings. I had planned to go have lunch at Lou Moon if the food at ABH was as bad as expected, but I did not have to, and Lou Moon was too difficult to get to anyway.

The beach is serene and private. Great for relaxing, taking walks on and for volleyball. I loved the idea of having a beach restaurant for lunch.

The rooms were clean, and the place is designed for eco-friendliness, sustainability and affordability. I recommend room 37, a deluxe chalet. I enjoyed my stay there and the view was splendid.

Staff were attentive, smart and reliable.

I had a good time overall, and I will definitely return soon as I get the chance.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Axim
Protea Hotel by Marriott Takoradi Select
Protea Hotel by Marriott Takorad...
#2 of 14 in Sekondi-Takoradi
Ankobra Beach Resort
Akwidaa Inn
Akwidaa Inn
#1 of 1 in Akwidaa

Been to Axim Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!