“We would return in a minute and will in September.”

Le Petit Manoir des Bruyeres
Ranked #1 of 1 Villefargeau B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
“We would return in a minute and will in September.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

My wife and I have noticed that you have received a negative review of Le Petit Manoir Des Bruyeres. This surprises us greatly since we have travelled throughout France including many stays at the best Relais & Chateaux. We consider Le Petit Manoir Des Bruyeres among the very best with good food and wine, comfortable lodgings and a warm welcome in March of this year. We spent two nights there which was our 20th visit since September 1999. Every stay has been wonderful!!
Tom & Pam Sheffield

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
USA and CANADA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

Recently I read the negative comments. On many reprise I myself have lodged at this Inn and I totally disagree with the 2 negative criticism made. I have met the proprietors of a certain age, whom where were very welcoming, charming, available and attentive...etc
As for the Bourguignonne gastronomy! The owner is a chef in fine cuisine, serves superior wine on silver and crystal ware. If you are not in haste, awaiting is a split level garden in teak and lava rock facing a magnificent park adored with roses & trees that speaks for it's history. I think this Inn should not be too quickly dismissed. A view I strongly felt a need to share.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

We visited this area of France staying in a variety of relais & chateau properties, which were for the most part very nice. This property was well below expectations. We booked as we were very much taken in by the pictures of the property, but on arrival and throughout our stay the staff made us feel very uncomfortable.

The rooms were of an acceptable standard, although it was very easy to hear conversations in adjacent rooms amongst other things.

There was no communal area in which to sit, despite the appetising looking room with a log fire, which was being used entirely by the staff and was essentially off-limits to the guests except when being served dinners.

The hotel was very keen on hidden extras from "busy season" price supplements to house aperatifs for 12 euros a glass. In addition prices advertised on the associated website were from several years ago and at 45 euros a menu excluding any drinks a three course meal tasting like any cheap 15 euro menu from any other part of the region was very disappointing.

I would thoroughly recommend finding alternative accommodation if you are considering staying here.

• Liked — The look of the photos before I booked
  • Disliked — The attitude of the staff - don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Hopscotch07
Monica89000, PROPRIETAIRE at Le Petit Manoir des Bruyeres, responded to this review, January 22, 2009
Dear Sir
At home, you arrive in a private place managed with my husband
An Y, for many years and we are respectively 70 and 92 years old.
Contrary to criticism posted on Trip Advisor, (site whose name I was totally unknown)
For my husband and I are, it’s always a pleasure to welcome people here from all over the world, because it's our way for us, to travel again!
In company of our guests,we sometimes share their meal, other times we let their privacy, we provide them with "our children" (the 3 CATS of the house);
Guests move freely in our large living room where our personal decoration, (silver, crystal, tableware, tables) are in their view because we give them our trust, and those who have a soul musician, move to the piano without fear disturb us,etc. .....
It is a pity that you have taken of 2 criticism to us, while our GUESTBOOK COMPLIMENTS and replete with many of our guests that return home several times to savor the beauty of the place and the heat of our home.
Our prices are clearly displayed and we believe that our Coq au Vin cuisine, often with Foie Gras, is not an ordinary meal.
Our breakfasts are served with baked pastries of the day, ten jams house, the gingerbread house of mellow house of dry Serano ham, cheese, etc ...
I hope these updates on our house will enlighten you, I appreciate your frankness an I hope that this development will want our next guests to come, and do their own opinion, and I will receive them, as I have always done, with pleasure.
Monique JOULLIE
dorset
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

The rooms and property were very nice, However,.we were made to feel like intruders in somebody's house, instead of paying guests. They wanted our money, but not our presence. The food supplied for dinner and breakfast was very ordinary, but extremely highly priced. The staff were rude and inflexible. I would not recommend staying in this hotel.

• Liked — The setting
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank DorsetPoppy
Dear Sir
At home, you arrive in a private place managed with my husband
An Y, for many years and we are respectively 70 and 92 years old.
Finally, as you read from our GUESTBOOK, which dates to stay closer to our "critical", you can find that even children are welcome, and well received at home, when our age could dissuade us to make it.However, it is true that the maid, introduced this summer, left our house because she was not smiling.
Monique JOULLIE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villefargeau
Hotel Normandie Auxerre
#5 of 22 in Auxerre
Moulin de la Coudre
Moulin de la Coudre
#1 of 3 in Venoy

Been to Le Petit Manoir des Bruyeres? Share your experiences!