Le Petit Manoir des Bruyeres
$79
  • Restaurant
$148
  • Room Service
Ibis Styles Auxerre Nord(Auxerre)(Great Value!)
$86
$68
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
$51
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Seignelay(Auxerre)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshomemade jamsbreadone nightthe main housefood and wineknick knackspatriciafridgedescatschablishens
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Unfortunately due to the death of a family member, we were obliged to cancel our 2-night booking. We called the hotel 48 hours before the first night of our reservation. We were told to call Chateaux et Hotel Collection which this B&B belongs to.Being a Sunday, there was no answer so we sent an e mail. The following day, on the phone, both the Chateaux et Hotel Collection and the Petit Manoir des Bruyeres refused to reimburse anything, even the 2nd night because according to them the entire reservation must be cancelled before 72 hours. Each one said it was the other who refused the reimbursement. I find this very unfair. We also had to cancel a booking in Beaune and on the contrary, they were comprhensible and charged us for only one night. So be careful, the usual 24 or even 48 hour cancellation fee does not apply here, and you end up paying for the entire reservation. Very Unfair!!!!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My family and I had a 3 night stay at Le Petit Manior des Bruyeres in May this year, and would never return. We were shocked to that the lady owner and her staff did not speak one word of english, which made it very difficult to communicate. On arrival to our room we opened the small fridge and found a very large live snail inside!! Our room was very basic, no internet, no phone , just 3 beds and a room full of cat ornaments, and frills. We did not get value for money when we stayed here. Breakfast was included, which consisted of cake, jam cheese and coffee. Not good enough for the money we paid.The owner of the property is an elderly lady who obviously is not able to provide the basics. Not even a washing machine to do our laundry. The property is located a good drive out from the town, so if you dont have a car your completely isolated.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank samar42
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My wife and I have noticed that you have received a negative review of Le Petit Manoir Des Bruyeres. This surprises us greatly since we have travelled throughout France including many stays at the best Relais & Chateaux. We consider Le Petit Manoir Des Bruyeres among the very best with good food and wine, comfortable lodgings and a warm welcome in March of this year. We spent two nights there which was our 20th visit since September 1999. Every stay has been wonderful!!
Tom & Pam Sheffield

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Recently I read the negative comments. On many reprise I myself have lodged at this Inn and I totally disagree with the 2 negative criticism made. I have met the proprietors of a certain age, whom where were very welcoming, charming, available and attentive...etc
As for the Bourguignonne gastronomy! The owner is a chef in fine cuisine, serves superior wine on silver and crystal ware. If you are not in haste, awaiting is a split level garden in teak and lava rock facing a magnificent park adored with roses & trees that speaks for it's history. I think this Inn should not be too quickly dismissed. A view I strongly felt a need to share.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We visited this area of France staying in a variety of relais & chateau properties, which were for the most part very nice. This property was well below expectations. We booked as we were very much taken in by the pictures of the property, but on arrival and throughout our stay the staff made us feel very uncomfortable.

The rooms were of an acceptable standard, although it was very easy to hear conversations in adjacent rooms amongst other things.

There was no communal area in which to sit, despite the appetising looking room with a log fire, which was being used entirely by the staff and was essentially off-limits to the guests except when being served dinners.

The hotel was very keen on hidden extras from "busy season" price supplements to house aperatifs for 12 euros a glass. In addition prices advertised on the associated website were from several years ago and at 45 euros a menu excluding any drinks a three course meal tasting like any cheap 15 euro menu from any other part of the region was very disappointing.

I would thoroughly recommend finding alternative accommodation if you are considering staying here.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Hopscotch07
Monica89000, PROPRIETAIRE at Le Petit Manoir des Bruyeres, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2009

Dear Sir
At home, you arrive in a private place managed with my husband
An Y, for many years and we are respectively 70 and 92 years old.
Contrary to criticism posted on Trip Advisor, (site whose name I was totally unknown)
For my husband and I are, it’s always a pleasure to welcome people here from all over the world, because it's our way for us, to travel again!
In company of our guests,we sometimes share their meal, other times we let their privacy, we provide them with "our children" (the 3 CATS of the house);
Guests move freely in our large living room where our personal decoration, (silver, crystal, tableware, tables) are in their view because we give them our trust, and those who have a soul musician, move to the piano without fear disturb us,etc. .....
It is a pity that you have taken of 2 criticism to us, while our GUESTBOOK COMPLIMENTS and replete with many of our guests that return home several times to savor the beauty of the place and the heat of our home.
Our prices are clearly displayed and we believe that our Coq au Vin cuisine, often with Foie Gras, is not an ordinary meal.
Our breakfasts are served with baked pastries of the day, ten jams house, the gingerbread house of mellow house of dry Serano ham, cheese, etc ...
Finally, as you read from our GUESTBOOK, which dates to stay closer to our "critical", you can find that even children are welcome, and well received at home, when our age could dissuade us to make it.
However, it is true that the maid, introduced this summer, left our house because she was not smiling.
I hope these updates on our house will enlighten you, I appreciate your frankness an I hope that this development will want our next guests to come, and do their own opinion, and I will receive them, as I have always done, with pleasure.
Monique JOULLIE