we have been going to this restauranrt for 10+ years. for a while it was out of this world when Stephane Froideveau and his wife ran it. After they left it reverted to being decent food with a good atmosphere. our last meal there, however, was a disaster. of the eight courses that we had between us non was edible. the bread needed a jackhammer to break open. the chilled mousse to start was frozen solid, the mushroom veloute smelled and tasted of cat food, the seignant steak was burn to a crisp, the fish had clearly expired a long time ago, was covered in an inedible crust and sat on a bed of a curious substance that was unidentifiable (something between potato and polenta). When all this was pointed out to the wiater his response was "its not my fault". while technically true it was not really a satisfactory response. i got the impression that there was an inexperienced chef in the kitchen armed with a lot of pre- prepared frozen meals and a microwave. unfortunately he had yet to master the microwave - which would have explained the rock solid breadrolls, stil frozen mousse and incinerated steak. i hope it gets its act togethe quickly.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.