This is one of the Relais and Chateaux - a chateau perched on the high ground overlooking the Dordogne river with a view for miles. The grounds are extensive with pool and beautiful gardens. The chateau is historic and has been decorated and kept up in style. We were on the 3rd floor in a large room overlooking the garden/entry side. It was comfortable. I slept very well in the quiet and dark. The bathroom is a nice size, modern with a large tub against a wall where an ancient exposed beam crosses to the ceiling. This is total ambience. The rooms of the chateau include a large formal dining room which we did not have the pleasure of dining in because they served on the ramparts overlooking the river with that fantastic view. The restaurant is noted for its excellent cuisine. Dining was an experience to delight in. Service was excellent. The staff were helpful, especially in recommending area visits. We followed their advice and went to Sarlat and Rocamadour, both pleasant short drives and worth the visit.
Breakfast was served on the front patio area by trees and a lovely gulch of green vegetation. It included breads, cheeses, some meats, a variety of juices, even chocolate milk. When we arrived we had not eaten and were hungry so they provided us with a snack. For our second night, they recommended a fabulous restaurant by the river below.
This is a top of the line hotel, expensive but worth it for the quality of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tower is so close to the Dordogne river that it feels like the Chateau could almost topple into ... All our rooms are stylishly decorated with period furniture, four poster beds, secretaire desks, traditional parquet floors but complemented by the most modern amenities like jacuzzi-style bathtubs. Practically all enjoy grandiose views of the Dordogne Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Chateau de la Treyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Treyne Hotel Souillac
- Chateau De La Treyne Souillac