The hospitality is impeccable; the food is sublime in a perfect setting. The dining room has one of the most spectacular ceilings with exquisite views onto the chateau gardens. Despite being a French restaurant, the Risotto is to die for. The choice of fresh flowers is especially selected to enhance the colors and aroma of each bedroom. The chimney in the lounge provides a perfect place to read or enjoy a get together with friends. Walks in the grounds of the Chateau are wonderful too.
In the evenings, I recommend you reserve a table next to the window and make sure you tell the Maitre D you would like to be seated far away from American tourists. The hotel seems to be very popular with them and for some reason unknown to me, they always seem to talk loudly and insist on sharing their gastronomical insights with the guests they find nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tower is so close to the Dordogne river that it feels like the Chateau could almost topple into ... All our rooms are stylishly decorated with period furniture, four poster beds, secretaire desks, traditional parquet floors but complemented by the most modern amenities like jacuzzi-style bathtubs. Practically all enjoy grandiose views of the Dordogne Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Chateau de la Treyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Treyne Hotel Souillac
- Chateau De La Treyne Souillac