“ok for short stay but must be better”
Review of Yay Grand Otel

Yay Grand Otel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mardin
ankara
“ok for short stay but must be better”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed for one night in this hotel. the room is in the seperate new building and they told that we can see the mardin scene from the room, but the only thing we can see is the empty farmlands. the room is clean, well furnished, breakfast not bad, beds are comfortable. The cost value comparison is ok for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Of all the hotels we stayed in Eastern Turkey, this was the best. The room was clean and has lovely balcony, dining area was also good and spacious. Breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of food to choose from. It is a brand new hotel, so plumbing in the bathroom was never really an issue compared to the majority of hotels in Eastern Turkey where we stayed. It's a little bit far from central Mardin but local buses are just a step from the hotel entrance. I suggest try using the local bus, it is an excellent way of exploring the neighbourhood. Many of the staff do not speak English hence they are a bit "shy". Otherwise, this is a great hotel and I will certainly stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2012

After staying in a horrible hotel in Sanilurfa, we were excited to arrive in the Yay and it was beautifully clean and looked brand new. Food was all buffet style so no opportunity to comment on service but I was disappointed that a hotel of this size did not serve alcohol and that we had to pay for tea or coffee after dinner and that we had to leave the restaurant for this. We were told to go to reception for our tea but there was no room there as it was full of Turks watching a football match on TV! I feel this hotel is not for Western tourists. It's a long way out of town so not a good chance to see that bit more of Mardin.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2011

After having made a reservation through a travel agent in Istanbul, we were refused to stay because my friend was staying with her partner and... Wasnt married !!! I thought Yurkey a secular country and only remember situations like these in... Syria! I strongly recommend NOT to go to this hotel

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Xris-paris

Travelers are raving about these Mardin hotels

Manchester UK
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This hotel is a disgrace. The food is dreadful and the service so amateurish. Just a lot of willing kids but no management in evidence at all. If you want anything doing allow plenty of time because you have to ask 3 times before anything happens. The pool was filthy and closed which is probably just as well. Are they in for a surprise when the Hilton, that is currently being built in the town, opens.
Paper thin bedroom walls and clanking plumbing. They didn't even bother to clean my room or make my bed on my last day.
By the way, as is increasingly the case in Turkey under the present political regime this hotel is yet another alcohol free zone. Are they seriously interested in attracting international tourists/buisiness clients? I really don't think that they care.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank themancunian32
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This hotel is disgusting. We arranged a 4 day event in Yay Grand Hotel. Hotel staff have through out our blocknotes, project related flags, when I asked them they yelled on me and resisted to the critiques.
they upgraded my room but there was a lot of insects in the room, in my bed, in the bathroom, vs. I requested to change the room and they said that this type of insects are usual for Mardin, room changing is not a solution.
First day I've eaten lunch but the rest of the event I didn't eat anything in the hotel because they were disgusting.
So; facilities, meals, meeting organization and the staff were really bad.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BSahin
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed 1 night at this hotel. The walls of the rooms are so thin that i can hear every word of the next door. The most important thing for me is the quality of waiters which is horrible. They did not get our orders. They were rude and did not pay attention while serving. The quality of the cook, lets say average. But i can truly tell you that i am not satisfied!!

• Stayed May 2011