We relaxed in this very friendly hotel in early September. Although part of thehotel/restaurant has been converted fom an old water mill, I didn't really get a sense of age - even though beams and bare brick evident in various areas. However, having stayed in a few very old places beforehand, of which the very kindest report would be 'quirky', the Moulin was charming, fresh bright and welcoming. The sun had finally decided to make an appearance and only added to our enjoyment of the hotel and the area. We relaxed round the pool in the late afternoons (and had it all to ourselves) after having spent the earlier part of the day exporing, walking round the lakes, picnic-ing etc before retiring to theterrace overlooking the mill wheel and stream to enjoy a local beer before enjoying a very good dinner later in the charming restaurant. Service is good and unobtrusive and the food very good (apart from a very different beetroot mise en bouche one night) and not too pricey (although nothing seems to be cheap in France any more). I would say good local menus and cooking style.
There is a theme park almost next door - how busy this is and how it affects the area in July or August I have no idea, but for early September everything was quiet. There is a nearby road which you do get some noise from now and again and a train goes by so if you want absolutely rural and silence this may not fit the bill. Very comfortable rooms, plenty of parking, lovely grounds and pool and helpful staff. Stay a couple of days, take advantage of the demi-pension rate and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Around 40 kilometres from Troyes, this former eighteenth-century water mill, which has been entirely renovated, welcomes you to its authentic and relaxing setting. Use the “Aqualis” space at your leisure and your pace; enjoy the hydro massage bath, the Finnish spruce sauna and the multi-experience shower in order to awaken your senses. The dining room overlooks the river where the water wheel, which still works, is a real attraction. The rooms are all comfortably equipped and have private balconies that open up onto the wooded park of Landion. In winter, gather with your friends or family in the convivial atmosphere around the fireplace in the lounge bar; in summer, the riverside terrace or the garden and its heated swimming-pool provide places to relax in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Le Moulin du Landion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel*** Restaurant Le Moulin Du Landion Hotel Dolancourt
- Moulin Du Landion Dolancourt