“Perfect lunch at a great value to start the Cider Route”
Review of Au p'tit Normand

Au p'tit Normand
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Cambremer
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a lovely lunch at Au p'tit Normand in October 2012. The lunch menu was only 16 euro and was one of the best values of our entire Normandy trip. We each started with terrines that were hearty and delicious, then came grilled chicken cooked to perfect and accompanied by fried potatoes that glistened with butter, and finally we sampled the three famous local cheeses. Everything was perfect. The dining room is charming on the town square.
My only regret is that we didn't get the apple omelet we saw another couple enjoying for dessert. It looked amazing!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were on the cider route and it was conveniently located right in the middle of town, so we stopped. We read the menu and were impressed with the selections and variety so went inside. The service was great. We don't know much French but the staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a Salade norvegienne and was pleasantly surprised to find that there was caviar on top. The meals were excellent as were the enjoyable desserts. The atmosphere was restful and relaxing - very much "old world" and it was as though we were back in time. This will be at the top of our list for our next trip to France.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I are just back from a weeks holiday in Cambremer. On the Saturday of our arrival we decided to try out Au p'tit Normand as it was within easy walking distance of where we were staying. So impressed were we with the food that we decided there and then to take all our evening meals there. My favourites were the more traditional dishes such as andouilettes, Tripe a la Mode de Caen (not everybody's idea of favourites, I know!) and the rump steak which came in a lovely pepper sauce. My wife had the chicken, Liverot cheese and entrecote in camembert sauce. Sabrina and her staff were really friendly and helpful and we didn't have too much difficulty making ourselves understood as Sabrina spoke good English and my wife and I 'un peu' French! To sum up, an excellent restaurant and we would definately go there again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently had lunch here with my sister whilst in Cambremer. We both had the 3 course weekend set menu and were very impressed! Food was simple but delicious and service was excellent.

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Loved the location of this nice little food stop along the Cider Route. Great place to replenish yourself after stopping at all the orchards and sampling all the cider on offer. Thoroughly enjoyed the food.

1  Thank searcherofsouls