Review Highlights
Cave Tubing and Zip Lining in Belizean Rainforest

Our land excursion was to the rainforest for cave tubing and zip lining. After arriving at the dock... read more

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Reviewed July 17, 2017
proconner
Charlotte, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews st georges family style rainforest kayaking cabana oliver scuba dock
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Third time here and better every visit! From the team of Barry, Jahnene and Oliver in the office to Leo, Santiago and Lucy at the lounge to Jose handcrafting breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (lunch and dinner are family style while b-fast is to order), to Dashon and Alex serving each meal and bringing fresh juice and coffee each morning to your room/cabana, to Vilma making sure your room is spotlessly ready for you each night to Andy counseling on when to sail (or not to sail...) to the transportation crew and groundskeepers, every detail is flawlessly attended to. While all the rooms are great, I would suggest the ocean cabanas or the villa rooms to enjoy the amazing sun/moon rises and cool ocean breezes at night. Not a swimming beach per se' but a frat salt water pool for lounging. Paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking and windsurfing are all complementary. Too many great features to mention! Plenty of excursions to partake. Fishing, relaxing, snorkeling and scuba all on site and excellent! Great fir a relaxing getaway and especially a special event. Great flights from CLT and curbside p/u and drop off at the airport. Leave the stress behind and let this amazing staff at St Georges take care of you and yours!! 5 Stars!!

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

The cave tubing and the Mayan ruins where both amazing trips. The hotel had everything worked out so the entire day was easy and a lot of fun!

Activities around the hotel including snorkeling and water sports were also a blast!

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

First time diving, thanks for the great instructor I had an amazing two divings experiences and will most definitely come back for the diving certification. Snorkeling was also fantastic as besides seeing the reefs, we were also fortunate enough to swim with the manatees.

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

A small collection of classy cabanas and a lodge/restaurant/bar on a small island with beautiful but small beaches on both sides of the resort. St Georges is pretty simple, very beautiful, very quiet and very clean.

Get up, eat, go diving, eat, nap, read, play in the water, eat, have a rum punch, sleep like a baby.

I like that. Life gets really simple, really relaxing and really pretty here.

They have a few spa offerings, few kayaks, a few catamaran sailboats, a volleyball court, a saltwater pool and few super-awesome Divemasters and dive instructors. The dive boats are a wonderful and mellow experience. Never more than 4 divers to a Divemaster. They have Nitrox compressors that are both functional and accurate- which is actually pretty rare in remote locations.

I spent 7 days here. We splurged on the 3 dive "Blue Hole" trip one day, the 2 dive turneffe atoll trip another day, and did 2 tank local dives two days. The winds were too strong to dive our other 3 days or else I would have gone out every day! It was such a luxury to have a small group and the same Divemaster, captain and boat every day. I really felt like we became a team! Freddie was a very intuitive teacher.

They seem to have as many staff as patrons. The manager of the resort- Oliver is a warm and generous person, who was clearly upset by the weather. (As if he had any control over it!) He literally came out to the dock and got in the water with me, my boyfriend and our new dive friends when our Christmas Day dive was cancelled due to high winds. Oliver told us great stories and teased us as we swam around the docks and over-water cabanas in our scuba gear and Santa hats. It wasn't the way we imagined the dives, but it was really fun.

A few things to be aware of:
St Georges Caye has other houses on it. The resort seems to be the only employer, but the resort bar has local residents come in and hang out occasionally. The staff lives on the island and they have families. Everyone is friendly- but it's not a deserted island.

BRING SNACKS- no stores on the island means, if you're hungry between lunch and dinner or if you just don't like the menu that day- you're out of luck. The gift shop has a few things, but I wish I had brought some of my favorite snacks with me.

The resort's water is clean and delicious- bring a reusable water bottle and skip the huge amounts of plastic wasted on bottled water.
In fact, my only criticism of St. Georges Caye resort is the plastic bottle trash. The resort's water is reverse osmosis, so it makes sense to me that the dive boats should be stocked with big water dispensers and reusable bottles.

All meals are served at communal tables, so it's easy to make friends. Then again, you may have to talk to people outside of your group.

The lodge rooms are beautiful, but also small and simple. The whole resort is classy, but older and a little rustic. It's really not a place to come if you absolutely need air conditioning, Internet or television. This resort is really all about about eating, diving, sailing, swimming snorkeling, kayaking and sleeping.

I loved St. Georges Caye resort.
Have I mentioned yet that it's beautiful.....

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

My wife brought me here for my 60th birthday. It was perfect! Wish we had found this place years ago. Relaxing and centering is the best way to describe the stay. You can choose to do nothing or to go on a variety of adventures. The staff is fantastic. They really work to make you feel at home in this small resort. If you are looking for nightlife and excitement this is not for you. The family style meals were fun and the food was delicious. I was a little apprehensive about eating what ever they served but was absolutely not disappointed. We have already booked for next year!