$157
$60
$40
$133
$113
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$75
$67
$140
$108
  • Pool
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewshobie catsfamily styleother guestscoffee and juiceevery morningbelize citydive masterlagoon sidescuba divingocean frontfishmayan ruinsminute boat riderum punchoceanfront cabanacave tubingblue hole
Reviewed September 2, 2010

First of all I want to say it was a wonderful and unique experience at St. George's Caye Resort. It was so beautiful, relaxed and calming. Just what I needed! I was so taken with how warm and friendly everyone is. The resort is a very special place. The local diving was wonderful and I was thrilled to be able to capture the "Bernie" (nickname)from Belize seahorse in the lagoon on camera and "Mini Bernie" under the jet ski dock. A dream come true for me!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This resort was absolutely perfect in just about every one of our criterion.
They picked us up at the airport and treated us like royalty from then onward.
They helped with our luggage that the airlines had delayed by a day. The pickup driver drove us around to get some temporary items in Belize City and then they picked up the bags at the airport the next day for us - they were more worried about the bags than we were.
The food was great - our only complaint would be that there was too much of it and it was so good we were all prone to overeat!
Jose and Freddy were fantastic dive masters and they took care of everything - including all of our gear between and after dives. We saw Loggerhead Turtles, lobsters, sting rays, Eagle Rays, Bull Shark, Spotted Eels, Giant Crabs and many more creatures.
Our two teenage boys had a great time (13 and 15) - they certified in Calgary before we went and they had tonnes of fun - I always felt that Jose and Freddy were taking good care of them.
The kids mastered windsurfing while at the resort and anytime they needed anything the resort staff was there to help.
The boats were clean and modern and well equipped.
The kids caught fish off the dock one day an the cook did a wonderful job cooking them up for lunch.
The resort is a couples resort - our kids had a great time because they play very well together. It is not a resort for kids under 10 years old and I would hesitate to show up with just one kid since there is not other kids to play with. As long as your kids play well with each other and are into SCUBA - this is the place.
We were there in the rainy season - yet it was just about always sunny and the rain was mostly in quick storms that blew through in a hour or so and mostly at night.
The island is skinny and the wind just blows across it - which keep the bugs away most of the time.
The entire staff was wonderful and Teri and Nick made sure everything was always perfect.
We highly recommend that you go and visit this resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff_from_Calgary
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We (my mom and I) were picked up the airport promptly and it went uphill from there! It was a quick van and boat ride out to the resort where we were treated like royalty. The resort is small and intimate so the staff waits on you hand and foot. If there is ANYthing you want to do, they'll make it happen. The food was gourmet and the cabana's (we stayed on the lagoon) were super cute! The beach front is not dredged so swimming isn't great, but it allows for more fish to be close in to the shore. We went snokeling one day and on a cave tubbing trip another day, both excursions were organized, fun and educational. We also got massages, I recommend one! Another fun thing to do is to walk down to the little aquarium, it's like 3-6$ and totally worth it, a little boy runs it and he's the next Jaque Cousto (sp?) Yes, it's expensive to stay here, but if you want to unwind and be pampered, it's worth it, the staff is just wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I can't say enough good things about my time at St. George's. I went looking for some serious R&R time and found that and so much more. I spent my time split between lying on the beach, reading in the hammock, swimming in the pool (always a perfect temperature), snorkeling (with a manatee!) and even taking a day trip to the Mayan ruins. Most of the other guests were there for scuba diving, and they all raved about it. But even if that's not what you're there for, there's plenty to do and lots of time and space to relax.

The staff is top-notch - you can tell they truly love where they are and know you will too. Anything you need they are quick to oblige with a smile on their faces! I miss the whole crew already. All the meals were fantastic - lobster tail, pork chops with mango chutney, coconut curry shrimp - and don't ever skip breakfast because their fresh baked breads and homemade coconut granola is not to be missed!

My garden cabana (the least expensive, not being on either the windward beach, or the lagoon) was great - comfortable bed, mini-fridge and safe, and it stayed enjoyably cool even in July with the fan and window AC unit. Even though it was the rainy season, the rain was usually very early in the morning and interfered little with enjoying the resort or the daytrips. But anytime you go in the rainy season, you're taking a risk so who knows. :) Although, sitting on the beach in the very bright moonlight watching storms out at sea is a pretty good perk of the rainy season!

Overall it was a fantastic experience - I left so totally relaxed and still having seen and done some fun things. I went expecting to lay on the beach everyday, and ended up doing some activities, so plan ahead to spend some money there. The excitement when guests come home from their day trips is contagious, and they totally talked me into it - and every penny was worth it.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband and I went to St George's Caye Resort for our summer vacation. We had an excellent time. Teri and Andrew were wonderful hosts, and the staff is incredible. This is not your ordinary resort. It is very secluded. Guests stay in beautifully well built bungalows with hammocks on the front porch. I sat for hours in the hammock and read my book or napped. There is a lot to do on the island, as many have said in other reviews. We had a great time snorkeling, kayaking, sailing and visiting the local aquarium on the island. The food was great and it was neat to get to know all of the other guests while we dined. My husband and I took a trip to Lamanai to see the Mayan Ruins. It was an amazing adventure! We rode approximately 45 miles into Belize, then took a 25 mile boat ride thru the river to the ruins. From that point, we went on a walking tour through the rainforest to see the ruins. We saw two types of monkeys, a tarantula, toucan and beautiful plants and flowers. We also got to climb the ruins and see the view of the country from the top. It was a great excursion. We also hired a fly fishing guide one day. It was so much fun! One thing I will say is that there is not much nightlife on the island, so if that is what you are looking for, you may not want to stay here. There are no water taxis or boats for rent on the island. To get anywhere, you have to go on the resort boat. We found ourselves so exhausted after each day that we went back to the cabana early, but for those who do like nightlife, you might want to consider another location. All in all, we had a very relaxing and fun vacation. A big thank you to everyone at St. George's Caye for your hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple