My boyfriend and I came to the caye for 7 days and loved every moment. The first 3 days we were the only guests which was amazing; 20 staff catering to your evey need! Felt like movie stars! Then a very large group came who were filming a fishing show and we really enjoyed the company. Our main goal was to become certified divers. We completed a total of 8 dives each and loved each one! Wide variety of critters under the sea including barracuda, nurse sharks, eagle rays, sea turtles, crabs and lobsters... I missed the dolphins but the others guests managed to see some following their boat. We had an awesome lobster tail dinner with beach bonfire as well as a sandbar lunch where we saw a ray circling the group 15 feet away. We stayed in the cabana over the lagoon which was gorgeous and very clean too. One of our highlights was Sam the German shepherd who's only wish is that you throw coconuts down the beach for him to retrieve, very cute! Only downside was the cost of the drinks, not cheap at $6 US a beer, however there's lots to do to keep you busy. Definately not your typical beach resort, but for us that's exactly why we chose St George's Caye Resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes