Honestly, I don't know what to say, but thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's not always fun when traveling by yourself to a place that you have never been to and not knowing what to expect when you get there. Being shy and an introvert doesn't make things easy either.
At first, I felt out of place, but it was the genuine friendly approach of the staff - Ivan, Santi, Teresa, Melvin, Jose, Barry (the manager) and his wife that made me feel at home. It was a more intimate and inclusive environment the any resort I've ever been to. Everyone was nice even the other guests who were there at the time. I was able to cultivated some friendships that I know I'll maintain for quite along time.
And let's not forget the food! AMAZING!!! You wouldn't expect the meals to be so delicious being the resort is on a small island and all, but...wow! I was really impress. The neat thing was, they catered to your dietary restrictions and if necessary, went out of their way to make sure you were satisfied with your meal...fresh everything...oh and dessert!! I was in heaven. I was fed so well I gained 5 lbs during my 9 day stay, but who cares! It's a vacation, right?
They day I left, I was sad to leave, but I know that all adventures (making new friends, diving, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing of the pier and star gazing) have to come to and end at some point. I take with me an amazing experience, new friendships, new perspectives, a revitalized me, and memories that will last forever. Will I go back? ABSOLUTELY!!!! And when I do, I'll bring someone with me so that they too can experience what St. George's Caye has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes