$163
$60
$40
$133
$113
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$75
$67
$140
  • Pool
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$64
All reviewshobie catsfamily styleother guestscoffee and juiceevery morningbelize citydive masterlagoon sidescuba divingocean frontfishmayan ruinsminute boat riderum punchoceanfront cabanacave tubingblue hole
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I took a late honeymoon to this resort, all I can say is thank you to the whole team at this place, I needed a break and definitely got it here. I loved that the resort only had 12 guest there during our visit, we got to know everyone so it became more intimate and relaxing knowing the rest of the guest were all wanting to get away for a week made it more special.
I will have to say that we went over thanksgiving and I tell everyone that i had my feast on the beach, you can only imagine the reaction people give me, its priceless. this trip was so awesome that I have become a certified diver because of the intro class they gave. I have to say that if you want big crowds and all the amenities of home, this is not your place, this is truly a private, secluded place that will bring you peace.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steve c
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The more I think about our trip to St. George's Caye, the more I love this place. The staff is so kind, always smiling & calling you by name. I am not much of a people person in my every day life but love to meet people when I travel, finding out where they've been, where'd they'd like to go. Meal times made for great conversations & laughs. The Saturday night beach barbeque is a special treat - fantastic food & a bonfire. One day for lunch, there were only five of us on the island so they set up a table under the almond tree. So quaint & perfect. We alternated our excursion days with days doing nothing on the island. One day I only left my hammock for meals. We took the excursion to the Blue Hole. Everything was very well planned & executed. They watched the weather for days to make certain we would be making the trip in the best conditions.
The excursion was amazing. We made stops at the Blue Hole, Halfmoon Caye, & the Aquarium. Cave tubing was great. Cornel knows about the history of the island, the plants, the wildlife. He really made it more of an experience than a simple excursion.

The bugs come out when the weather is overcast/raining so pack some bug spray.

I've been home a little more than a week & am still relaxed. This is a place I hope to return to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

St George’s Caye Resort is only a short boat ride from Belize City (about 20 minutes) which means you remain close enough to enjoy trips to the mainland to take advantage of the opportunities and activities that may be enjoyed in Belize proper. The resort itself offers cozy cabanas, well maintained grounds, a good size pool and ready access to warm clear ocean water to play in when you prefer the open water. The resort is staffed by the most friendly and attentive staff I’ve encountered in years of travel. Anacelia runs the onsite spa where your relaxation really begins – do not pass on this opportunity. The dining experience was delightful with skillfully prepared dishes using locally grown and raised provisions to provide amazing dishes for every meal. The small number of guests all dine together between given hours which allows you to meet and get to know everyone in an informal setting which was quite enjoyable. The Chef was also most accommodating to different tastes if a particular meal was not preferred – dietary restrictions or allergies should be noted when booking but the staff is adaptable after that as well. The dive master worked to ensure the divers in the group had the best possible experience on their trip. He met with them morning and in the evening to discuss conditions and recommend locations for their tastes. Again, the small number of guests allows for more direct customer satisfaction and flexibility. If you choose to simply enjoy the hammocks and beautiful beach area – this quiet resort is well suited for this as well. After a week, I left St. George’s Resort refreshed, relaxed and with great memories. Although I usually prefer to travel to new venues on vacation, I’m keeping this resort on my travel list for the future.

Room Tip: Cabanas on the beach face the sunrise and wind while those on the dock face the sunset and little wind or waves. All have A/C and bug nets over the beds.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a terrific vacation at St. George's Caye. The staff took care of us from the time they met us at the airport until they dropped us back at the airport. Eli met us on the property with a nice rum punch and cool washcloth and showed us around the resort. When we got to our cabana, our bags were already there and we were off for the week. We knew what to expect since we had emailed all of our questions and done research ahead of time.

Jose was our dive master and showed us everything he could. We got great pictures and Oliver got us out of the water without incident. Eli, Sapo and Elbin took care of our bar needs, serving meals and having our coffee and juice on our deck every morning. It was really nice to have them address you by name. The food was phenomenal and they catered to an allergy, making something similar for my husband, even with the apps prior to dinner.

I had an amazing massage....one of the more professional massages that I've ever had..."Ana" concentrated on those tough areas. Barry and Ashley were around, chatting but not hovering. The staff was so accommodating in every way. We asked one day to leave a little later on the dive boat and arrangements were made.

We stayed in an oceanfront cabana and had the wind blowing through our cabana all week. We never used the a/c, which we loved. We had great sunrises each morning with our coffee in the robes that they provided. We would go back in a minute.....great job!!

We felt like part of their "island family" while we were there. Barry and Ashley have put together a fantastic team! They nurture and encourage their team members to expand their knowledge and abilities in various aspects of the resort's many jobs....and it shows! Everyone bends over backwards to make your stay there enjoyable.

Keep in mind folks....it's...an....island! You're not gonna grab a taxi and go to the corner store. And yes....it takes fuel to run that boat! You can't expect a freebee trip to the mainland because you're bored! Do your homework...and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My finance and I chose Belize and St. George's Caye Resort for our destination wedding. We are so glad we did, it really was a dream vacation and wedding. We chose the resort sight unseen based on reviews and an article in a destination bridal magazine. Ashley made planning from the states an easy process. This type of wedding and location is not for control freaks though! Together with 30 of our family and friends we rented out the entire resort. From the first moment of arrival everyone you encounter at St. George's Caye Resort is friendly and welcoming. The island and resort are big enough to offer excursions for guests wanting a bit more excitement, but plenty to do if they wanted to stay a little closer to their cabanas. Our group explored Mayan ruined, cave tubed, kayaked, sailed on the Hobie cats, snorkeled, took scuba lessons in the pool and just enjoyed the beautiful beach. There really was something for everyone to enjoy. We loved having everyone eat together in the lodge for our meals. If we had stayed at any other type of resort we never could have managed to have everyone together for meals (can you imagine 30 people agreeing on a restaurant!). I'm a very picky eater and the chef made sure I never came close to going hungry.

Our wedding day was perfect, right down to the weather. Ashley and Barry opened up their home to me, my bridesmaids and parents for me to get ready in the peace and full blast air conditioning. Ashley and the spa manager arranged to have an extra person on staff to do our hair. It was a bit unnerving to have someone do your hair through a translator, but she did the most amazing job I could have imagined. Far better than my consult in the states with my own hairdresser. While I was busy getting ready the resort staff were prepping the outdoor area for our wedding. I did not see any of it until my father and I walked down the aisle. The scene belonged in a magazine. I had inquired about using turquoise ties on the guests chairs to match our wedding colors, but was told they didn't have any, which was understandable. Ashley had a trick up her sleeve and had them for the wedding, but left it as a surprise. It was so wonderful! As my father and I walked from the house to the wedding we passed the entire staff of the resort as they gathered in front of the lodge to watch the wedding, along with a few residents of the island. They all started clapping and cheering as we passed, you could truly feel the warmness and happiness they felt for us and our family and friends. The Belizian people treated us this way the entire time. Ashley helped us find the most amazing wedding photographer to capture our once in a lifetime experience. She also contracted a local band to play the night away as we celebrated. Ashley really made it such an easy and enjoyable experience to plan our wedding. I can't image starting our life together in any other location in the world. St. George's Caye is a wonderful treasure.

Room Tip: The over the water cabana's are wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple