$166
$56
$40
$133
$120
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$87
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$87
$79
$140
$120
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
All reviewshobie catsfamily styleother guestscoffee and juiceevery morningbelize citydive masterscuba divinglagoon sideocean frontfishminute boat ridemayan ruinsrum punchoceanfront cabanacave tubingsmall island
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I just got back from St.George's and let me tell you......AMAZING EXPERIENCE!! I booked this as a corporate retreat for 22 people, which could make things really stressful, but Capt Ron, Barry and Ashley were WONDERFUL, and actually REALLY cared about each and every guest! Sapo, Eli and Elbin were TOP NOTCH and made sure we were taken care of and did ANYTHING we asked! The chef was WONDERFUL and every meal was perfect. Funny, but my favorite food item was the breakfast burritos! I am a experienced scuba diver and having a place that caters also to divers was really great for me! Most of my group are not divers- and they took care of each and every one of us like we were all that mattered. Freddie, the dive master, was one of the BEST I have ever dove with! I am so looking forward to going there again! (and I NEVER go to the same place twice!) They have the tour guides and activites all nailed down, and it was nice to know that I could do whatever I wanted, and they had me totally covered. I met SO many nice people, and I really appreciated the environment that allowed for a fun, easy way to make new friends! Thank you Capt Ron, Barry, Ashley, Freddie, Eli, Elbin, Sapo and ALL of the staff and St. George's Caye for an AMAZING trip!

Room Tip: I had an "over the water room" which was great because it was calm- but it got HOT over there! The Ocean Front side has a nice breeze all the time- so I might recommend that? But my room was amazing and the view was to DIE for!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank holly4scuba
Ron H, Managing Director at St. George's Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We very much appreciate the praise for our staff and managers - it is always nice to have the hard work and true caring attitude of our people recognized. Taking care of a group of 22 diverse people with highly differing expectations and requests is a challenge for a boutique resort, so we are pleased that your program was a success, and that nearly every one of your team was thrilled with the experience. Thank you.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The other reviews are absolutely true, St. George's is a wonderful place and I can't wait to go back! The island is so pretty, the diving was amazing, and the food was incredible (they have a new gourmet chef, Ernesto, and he's fabulous). But it is people who work at St. George's that make the resort such a special experience, they made us feel like we were at our own perfect little tropical island home.

Room Tip: We loved our cabana over the water, they don't get much of a breeze but what an amazing view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Barry and his staff made for a relaxing and wonderful vacation for my daughters and I! The reviews I read were spot on for describing this gem. I don't get to travel often, so I was very happy to find the resort even better than I expected. I loved the comfortable, almost family-like feel that comes with staying here. We loved meeting Barry's wife and their beautiful little girl, who was often on the hip of one of the staff. Eli and Elban, the two Belizean brothers working the bar and serving meals were very engaging and left nothing for want. My daughters are 19 and 21, and while I was a little worried they might be bored with no nightlife or shopping on the island, they thoroughly enjoyed exploring the island and relaxing their stay away. We all wish we were back there!

We stayed on ocean side in wonderful, clean cabanas, and were very grateful for the constant ocean wind. I can see though why the calmer "bay" side would appeal to others. The food was incredible! And once again, they bent over backwards to accommodate individual tastes and likes. The "family style" dining was a new experience for us on vacation, and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the other guests and sharing our days over the fresh juices, daily homemade breads and fresh, interesting meals. We learned that a lot of the produce came from the family farms of Eli and his brother back on the mainland. It couldn't be more fresh and delicious. I'm not sure if they appreciate the farm-to-table nature of it that so many restaurants in my area are trying to achieve! The grounds of the resort were impeccably maintained, and the island itself was a treat to explore. We made great use of the kayaks, and got to take a sail on the hobie cat around the island (thanks Eli!! He took me out on one of his breaks!). Everything was available for use whenever you wanted, just grab them off the beach. Mostly, we just relaxed on the beach or in our hammocks reading and enjoying the warm sun. The highlight of the trip was a dive trip with Jose, the dive master. I'm certified but my girls were not, but after their pool course with Jose, they were very comfortable on our reef dive-which was incredible!!

All said and done, an incredibly relaxing stay! From being met on time at the airport to putting us back on the plane, and everything in between, we wanted for nothing. Barry runs a smooth, fun operation! I can see that this resort is not for everybody though. It's not all shiny and new. There's no beer-pong and out of control kids. But, if you want to kick back and relax I can't think of any place better. I can see this as a great place for honeymooners or a romantic get away. And if you want to dive, cave tube, tour temples, etc., it's all available for the asking. I can only hope to get back to that cabana some day....

Room Tip: Ocean front cabanas had a constant breeze! The ones just behind them we heard were just far enough back to be warmer. There is an air conditioner in each cabana, but they struggled just to knock down the room temp a few degrees. Can't expect too much though with thatched roofs, lots of windows and wooden walls. It felt much warmer on the other side with the cabanas over the water. The wind can be pretty overwhelming though if you're not used to it or wanting it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank EvanB-NH
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great little find in Belize...Tiny mostly deserted island is a 20 minute boat ride from Belize City...Less that a dozen guests stay in beautiful thatched units with three community meals a day. Eat with mostly Americans who like to travel and share their stories. Grounds are botanical garden quality. Hobie Cat sailboat is great fun with brisk winds and sudden out of nowhere rain downpours. Kayaks to explore the mangrove forests and water fowl communities. Pool is clean and well maintained. Chef is very talented and cooks a brisket my grandmother would be proud of. Trips to Belize City available for tourist destinations or tour the third world city struggling to make progress against poverty and corruption. And the experienced divemaster Jose will take you on a safe dive adventures on the nearby healthy coral reef. Only tourist attraction on the Island is an aquarium that is open when the 12 year old guide and proprietor is not in school ($3 admission). Lots of laid back fun and beauty. No night life after dinner and a nightcap. No TV on the island. WiFi available in the lodge. The staff is cheerful, fun, and interesting. Coffee and juice on your front porch by 6am. They'll arrange a private romantic dinner for two on your cabana porch if you ask nice.
We stayed 5 nights that is about the right length. Went diving 3 times with Jose and we saw lion fish, trumpet fish, huge grouper, lobster, manta ray, eel and coral and sponge formation. Managers are interesting and place is well run.

The CONS: Isolated resort, fixed menu without selection, drinks are not included and pricey, nightlife is zip, water at beach is muddy and shallow. Downpours anytime. Bring your own booze.
The PROS: Safe.Very quiet and great sleep with breeze. Chef is a genius. Tiny resort on coral reef with full dive shop. Interact and eat with interesting guests. Sunsets are photo ops. Beech is clean. Romantic vacation.

Room Tip: Check on the best months as I've read that it can be hot and buggy but weather was perfect for is us in early January. Favor cabanas on outward seaside. Remember to tell them of dietary preferences prior to arrival.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Boneheadwv P
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This resort was everything promised and then some. It is small. During our stay there were as few as 6 guests and as many as 16. The staff is amazing. It was truly sad to have to leave. It is rustic and comfortable at the same time. All activities were flexible as to when and how many participants. The food was freshly prepared and delicious. This is the first vacation where I did not gain weight and yet never felt deprived.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple