I traveled alone to St. Georges Caye and had a really nice time. It was everything I expected. I wanted to get away from the hustle & just relax and decompress. This is more of a lodge than resort so if you want tv, schedules, phones, screaming kids & alot of activity you won't find it here. If you want hassle free quiet, you got it. Everyone there including the guest were very pleasant.
One thing to remember: this is an island and some of the amenities people are use to are not here. Also remember you have to get to Belize City by boat. If you do decide you want to go mainland; I suggest a tour first to make sure being on your own would be for you.
I wish I could thank all the staff there for being so nice. Attentive staff is what makes or breaks a vacation and they definately made it.
Meals are served family style together with others. Don't let that thought bother you. Alot if information is shared about things to do and see over meals. The food is good, nothing exotic that people havn't herd of. It's just prepared diffrent so have an open mind. If your a food person like me you'll welcome a change of pace from a food perspective. Also when you confirm reservation you are sent a questionaire which includes food questions. Fill it out.
Fresh fruit is served in the mornings along with a diffrent juice with each meal. Portions are fairly large and I didn't feel hungry or require a snack. The meals" Chap & company" prepared were enough to keep me going until the next meal. The menu is written the morning of on a board.
Not to worry Chap can make you something regardless of any allergies or dislikes you might have (haha).
There are beach leisure activities, kayak, windsurfing, sailing, pool, vollyball, ect.. and my favorite: reading and napping in a hammock on the pier.
Ladies your best friend here will be a scarf, hair clips, & ponytail holders. A ride in a boat can have you disheveled in no time.
This is a great place for adults and is an adult place. I think kids would become easily bored unless you traveled to the mainland every other day with the island being pretty isolated. It is truly for R&R. Would I stay here again? Yes!
Ron, Barry & Chap; thanks for entertaining me (hehehe).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes