$185
$56
$40
$137
$116
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$87
$79
$120
$108
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$67
$63
Royal Palm Island Resort(St. George's Caye)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshobie catsfamily styleother guestscoffee and juiceevery morningbelize citydive masterlagoon sidescuba divingocean frontfishmayan ruinsminute boat riderum punchoceanfront cabanacave tubingblue hole
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I were unsure of what to expect when first booking this resort. From the moment that we were picked up at the airport (a driver with a sign with our name on it) to the 20min. boat ride the island and the manager Barry greeting us with another staff memeber with fresh squeezed juice the relaxation could begin. We stayed on the ocean side huts (4 in total) with 6 on the lagoon side and 2 in the middle, I think the max number of guests while we were there were 12. Each hut had a porch with 2 chairs and a hammack. Every morning fresh jucie, coffee and tea were delivered to your door.

The food was amazing, while each meal is planned (there is a menu written everyday to look at) if you are a very picky eater this may not be for you. They do make accomidations for likes and dislikes all you have to do is tell the chef, they will completly understand and make adjustments. The meals are family style which I enjoyed, we were able to really get to know the other guests and made many friends.

We did a ruin tour, cave tubing and snorkling. This is where we looked at some of the local stands to buy our gifts for home. If you want a tourist area again this is not it, it is the only resort on the island the rest are private residences. We also went to the local aquarium and learned more than at some of the bigger ones. Many days people went out on different excersions or scuba diving and we were on the island with maybe 1 other couple. Even when everyone was at the resort you could easily find places where nobody else was.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. By the end or our stay they I noticed that they learned everyone's names, knew what thier favorite drinks were, and also noticed what we like to do. My husband and I like to take the hobie cats out for rides and each morning a staff member would get them ready for us without us asking. The manger Barry wants to make sure he caters your stay to what you want, so weather it's diving every day, just relaxing on the beach, or going out on excursions he will make sure that he does everything possible to fulfull that.'

I would reccommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway, away from all the "toursit" areas, but also wanting to have some fun too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed May 9, 2012

From beginning to end, it was an incredible experience. We were picked up from the airport and taken to the marina where a boat waited for us. A short 20 minute boat ride later, we were greeted at the dock with an ice cold juice and a cool minty towel.
The huts were perfectly appointed. Nice bed, amazingly soft, fresh linens, and good size bathroom. Each front porch has a hammock and chairs. We stayed on the ocean side and had a breeze the entire time.
Meal times were fairly structured, but the food was worth the schedule. Fresh seafood caught that morning by the scuba divers, fresh fruit brought in each day, generous portions so you never left hungry. At most, there were 12 other guests. Family style meals meant we all were able to get to know one another very well. We made great new friends.
Activities and excursions were seamless. Barry, the manager, organizes everything for you, so you have no worries. We snorkeled one afternoon and saw incredible fish. Another day we went to the mainland and did the cave tubing/zip lining with a guide. Again, it was all planned so we had no concerns. We took a stroll down to the Aquarium and learned about fish we didn't even know existed. The rest of the time, we lounged. On the dock, at the pool, on the front porch. No bad spots on the island. Napping in a hammock is an activity in itself!
Our departure was just as easy (logistically). Boat to marina to airport. It was just hard to leave that beautiful, restful, breezy place!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean side room. They're breezier!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed March 30, 2012

St. George's Caye is a little island a short (20 minute) boat trip from Belize City.
The caye itself is about a mile long and is you stand in the middle you're just a short distance from water on both sides.
The resort is small and laid back. If you just want, you can just sunbathe, swim in the pool, and chill in the many hammocks, but you can also sign up for snorkeling, diving, side trips, and spa treatments. Kayaks are on the shore. The pool is saline instead of chlorine.
The staff is attentive and relaxed.
Meals are served family style, which means you're eating at one particular time with the other guests. Some people on Trip Advisor have complained about this, but I liked it and enjoyed meeting other travelers. The food is generally good and portions are generous, although I've read complaints about this here, too. Maybe if you're used to an all-you-can-eat buffet you'd find the food inadequate. You have no choice in your meals except at breakfast, but members of our group with dietary restrictions were willingly accommodated. If you're a person with no sense of gastronomic flexibility you might find the lack of options difficult.
This is a place to relax. There's no shopping, no dance halls, nowhere to go. I liked that enormously, but if you're looking for action and nightlife, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: I stayed in a cabana located on a waterside dock. Others are more "inland." All are a stone's throw from the water. Inside they looked pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lulu437
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife & I had a delayed honeymoon at St. George's Caye Resort. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The cabanas were very comfortable with luxury towels and linens.

The resort only had about 14 guests when we arrived. Most of the guests departed before our stay was over allowing us to almost have the place to ourselves. There are many worthwhile excursions to do such as cave tubing and zip lining in the jungle. We opted for scuba diving which was very nice. The dive staff, boats, and equipment were all very good.

I highly recommend St. George's Caye Resort for both active and non-active vacationers. We plan to return in October.

Room Tip: Over the water cabanas are best. The view from the back of the property has a beautiful sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this resort on Luxury Link and stayed here for 5 nights in March 2012. We were met by Hubert at the airport who escorted us to the resort. St. George's Caye is a small island (i think a few miles long, 400 feet across), the resort has 12 cabanas.

Our Cabana: We stayed in cabana 7, which is a "garden" cabana. At first, we weren't exactly thrilled to not have an ocean front cabana - but to be honest, it was nice to have so much privacy. There are no TVs or phones in the room. Every cabana has a porch w/ a hammock. One thing that drove me crazy was that there aren't any drawers in the cabanas, only two small shelves - we lived out of our suitcases for the time being. There was house keeping every day, however, we never got our toiletries refilled after day 2.

Scuba Diving: I did my open water certification dives out there with Freddy. He was AMAZING. My boyfriend, who was already certified, was allowed to come dive with us. We saw so many incredible things and I felt completely safe with Freddy.

The beach: Beautiful...yet not really swimmable. Lots of sea grass/sea weed. Still, we enjoyed it!

The lodge: The only place that has WiFi (you're on vacation, you don't need it anyway!) and where you go for RUM PUNCH! Yum. We thought we would get sick of the rum punch, but we didn't. They allow you to get a pitcher so you can enjoy the pool or the beach without having to leave for refills. It was the perfect place to relax before/after dinner.

The food: I'm a picky eater, and was a little nervous about the food here. It is served family style with everyone else at the resort - which I liked. The menu is put up each day around breakfast. It was fantastic! I'm not a big seafood person and one night we were having coconut shrimp for dinner - I asked at lunch if I could get something other than shrimp & they were nice enough to make me chicken instead! We also had a beach BBQ one night that was to die for!

Excursions: We didn't do any off island excursions, but the people that did raved about them. We did go snorkling one day which was great. You sign up the night before at dinner with Leonie. We weren't given a time for snorkling, told it would "depend on the weather". After dinner, we were told we were going at 8 AM...however one couple never got the message and they were woken up with only a few minutes to spare. On the last day, we left the resort early with another couple and arranged for a taxi to drive us around Belize City to get a tour. Very nice.

Overall: Beautiful resort, yet there were somethings that left something to be desired for a "luxury" resort - broken chairs around the pool, mismatched furniture, the communication issues with trips. We were very happy with what we got for the price we paid. Great diving, would come back in a heartbeat to dive with Freddy and Jose!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple