St. George's Caye Resort
$40
Priceline
$134
$118
Anchorage Resort Hotel Belize City(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$71
$140
$120
  • Pool
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
All reviewshobie catsfamily styleother guestscoffee and juiceevery morningbelize citydive masterscuba divinglagoon sideocean frontfishmayan ruinsrum punchminute boat rideoceanfront cabanacave tubingsmall island
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this resort on Luxury Link and stayed here for 5 nights in March 2012. We were met by Hubert at the airport who escorted us to the resort. St. George's Caye is a small island (i think a few miles long, 400 feet across), the resort has 12 cabanas.

Our Cabana: We stayed in cabana 7, which is a "garden" cabana. At first, we weren't exactly thrilled to not have an ocean front cabana - but to be honest, it was nice to have so much privacy. There are no TVs or phones in the room. Every cabana has a porch w/ a hammock. One thing that drove me crazy was that there aren't any drawers in the cabanas, only two small shelves - we lived out of our suitcases for the time being. There was house keeping every day, however, we never got our toiletries refilled after day 2.

Scuba Diving: I did my open water certification dives out there with Freddy. He was AMAZING. My boyfriend, who was already certified, was allowed to come dive with us. We saw so many incredible things and I felt completely safe with Freddy.

The beach: Beautiful...yet not really swimmable. Lots of sea grass/sea weed. Still, we enjoyed it!

The lodge: The only place that has WiFi (you're on vacation, you don't need it anyway!) and where you go for RUM PUNCH! Yum. We thought we would get sick of the rum punch, but we didn't. They allow you to get a pitcher so you can enjoy the pool or the beach without having to leave for refills. It was the perfect place to relax before/after dinner.

The food: I'm a picky eater, and was a little nervous about the food here. It is served family style with everyone else at the resort - which I liked. The menu is put up each day around breakfast. It was fantastic! I'm not a big seafood person and one night we were having coconut shrimp for dinner - I asked at lunch if I could get something other than shrimp & they were nice enough to make me chicken instead! We also had a beach BBQ one night that was to die for!

Excursions: We didn't do any off island excursions, but the people that did raved about them. We did go snorkling one day which was great. You sign up the night before at dinner with Leonie. We weren't given a time for snorkling, told it would "depend on the weather". After dinner, we were told we were going at 8 AM...however one couple never got the message and they were woken up with only a few minutes to spare. On the last day, we left the resort early with another couple and arranged for a taxi to drive us around Belize City to get a tour. Very nice.

Overall: Beautiful resort, yet there were somethings that left something to be desired for a "luxury" resort - broken chairs around the pool, mismatched furniture, the communication issues with trips. We were very happy with what we got for the price we paid. Great diving, would come back in a heartbeat to dive with Freddy and Jose!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lauracg524
Reviewed March 16, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable getway, this is it. Staff are friendly and accomodating. Food was excellent. Barry, the Manager, does an great job in making sure you or your group have the experience you're looking for. There's lots to do (sailing, snorkeling, kayaking) or you can relax at the pool or in your personal hammock on the porch of your cabana.

Room Tip: Cabanas with an ocean view get quite breeze from ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had an awesome 2 weeks here Feb. 11th-25th! A group of 12 of us went down for a scuba diving adventure and ended up having a ton of fun with the staff too! Jose' & Freddie were really fun to dive with, they helped us find some great critters: huge Eels, Turtles, Crabs, Lobsters, Angel fish and Queen Triggers galore! Mario was a great boat captain too! We had a ton of fun with Humberto & Dean at the bar and in the restaraunt, they treated us like Royality and we had lots of laughs with them. Check out my video of them on youtube.com (http://youtu.be/zmO_lD85ymM). We also took in some massages by Leone who is amazing and gives great massages, the best! Hector the chef and his partner cooked up some fantastic meals and a Blueberry Cheesecake to die for, for desert! Tons of food and lots of Rum Punch at the pool! A few of the guys went fishing and caught 5 Barracuda which Hector cooked up for us, none of us had ever had Barracuda before and it was really YUMMY! We have no complaints, everything was perfect! Thanks to everyone who works there for making a very memorable vacation! We Will Be Back!! Keep up the great work Cap'n Ron and it was really nice to meet you!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabana on the beach (east side) which was really windy, if you like it calm stay on the other side in a cabana on the water.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnnRyan
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I just spent about 9 days at St. Georges Caye We had a wonderful time, in part because we knew what to expect when we arrived. And that's where these reviews come in handy. If you read the reviews, you'll know that meals are eaten family style with the other guests around a large table (or two) depending on how many people are there. Also, the reviews say that the meals are set at certain times during the day. You can get breakfast anytime after 7am. Lunch is around 12:30 and they do a happy hour starting at 5:30 with an appetizer and dinner is served at 6:30. Knowing all of this before you get there will allow you to temper your expectations for certain things. You do have to interact with the other guests at the resort at certain times, but as we experienced, most people that come there were similar to us and were very lovely people.
The meals sometimes looked at first sight that they would not be enough food, but they always were. And they were delicious. As were the drinks, massages and other services. The staff there is top notch...friendly, approachable, knowledgeable about the island, Belize, scuba diving, etc.
The place itself is beautiful and meticulously maintained. I would highly recommend an ocean front cabana (make sure to specify the ones right in front of the ocean, as there are some behind with less of a view). The bed was comfortable and clean, the shower hot and the front porch comfortable and enjoyable to relax on (in the hammock).
I did not scuba dive, but my husband did and he said it was incredible and that the scuba instructor Jose was great. I had a massage with Leoni and it was wonderful.
Nicest part about it was that we weren't shell-shocked at the end with our bill. Yes, it is mostly an all-inclusive, but drinks (besides the rum punch) are not included, nor are any excursions. We were prepared to have a big bill at the end, but it was very reasonable.
We would go back in a heartbeat and would recommend it highly!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nycgal1212
Reviewed January 12, 2012

That was my first thought when the motor launch brought us around the lush green mangroves and into the cove where we would be docking. The welcoming party at the dock included Leonie, the lovely hostess and masseuse, who greeted us warmly and offered each of us a colorful glass of tropical punch, adorned with flowers and a little umbrella. Palm trees were waving, and the thatch roofed cabanas were nearby. After being introduced to other staff members, we were guided along the sandy, flower-lined pathway for a tour of the facilities and on to our individual cabanas. This was a perfect introduction to our week in paradise.

For the entire week of our stay we felt pampered and respected by friendly staff, who always called us by name, and remembered our preferences. When she wasn't engaged in the spa, Leonie was often seen checking on the comfort of the guests, suggesting activities, fetching beverages, or stopping by for a chat. Her contagious smile is one of the sights that will remain in my memory.

As we drank the hot coffee and orange juice that appeared on our deck each morning, we looked out over the Caribbean, and were entertained by the feeding shore birds, terns, pelicans, sandpipers and more. Breakfast is available through most of the morning, made to order for anyone who prefers more than the fruits, breads, granola, yogurt and juices that make up the continental breakfast. Lunch and dinner, created by Chef Hector, were always pleasing dining experiences, featuring interesting sauces and relishes, along with a well-seasoned variety of seafood, poultry and meats. Desserts were special treats, as were the unique individually served appetizers, served just before dinner in the lounge each evening.

Kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, diving, lazing on the beach, swimming in the pool--you can be busy or laid back and experience Paradise on your own terms. The friendly and supportive staff are what will bring me back to my Fantasy Island.

Room Tip: All are excellent
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family