Spent 4 days here and 4 days in Placencia, The staff is absolutely incredible. This is and should remain a honeymoon resort. Not a tourist looking to get out and experience Belize. The food was generally great in the evenings. Had to order extra for breakfest if you actually wanted to get your fill. Danny the "Chef" cooks amazing fish so long as you catch him some.
Diving is 100 times better in placencia in the parks. (Cost an extra 12$ US per day to get into the park.) The fishing guide for St Gerges takes you where he takes every other schmuck where you fish in a very "fished out" section of reef. (I know because I dive remember) still caught some baby cudas and a two-three pound grouper Did have quite a bit of fun catching Tarpon off the end of the dock on the beach side of the island. Please take note if your an avid fisherman DO NOT GRAB UNDER THEIR GILLS, they are like razor blades. Some British army guys caught a Nurse shark right beside me, lots of little snappers and cudas too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. George’s Caye Resort is a secluded paradise located on a private residence island just seven miles from Belize City. Accessible only by boat, St. George’s Caye feels miles away from everyday life thanks to its cozy cabanas, breathtaking views of the Caribbean, and the highest level of service in Belize. Divers, anglers and those looking to just get away from it all will find everything they desire at St. George’s Caye Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your St. George's Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. George`s Caye Hotel St. George`s Caye
- St Georges Caye Hotel
- St. George's Caye Resort Belize/Belize Cayes