“just returned yesterday”

Magic Tropical Splash
derby
“just returned yesterday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

hi me and my family just returned from hotel monika yesterday and after reading reviews on here wasnt sure what we were gonna get,firstly its just on the out skirts of benidorm so it was quite.

the hotel its self is lovely and clean,loads to do for the kids,some of the staff are lovely and friendly..we were put on the 18th floor on tower 4,we were abit terrified of the kids being out there at the start but the views were great,we got use to looking at the sea every morning..

the food was ok,alot of the same stuff especially the kids section but you make the most of what you got...the drinks you get with the all inclusive were amazing alot on offer..i drank mostly different cocktails..

a couple of things i would point out is,if you book your holiday and request a cot you will not get one,you have to ask reception when you check in and they try to charge you 6 euros a night but me and a few familys i spoke to refused to pay it but still got the cot...also the pool area the down side to it is you get have to queue early to get a sun lounger,my husband got war wounds everyday from struggling with the spanish for the chairs,there plan was 1 of the children would stand at front of queue and when it came to nearly 10 oclock the kids family would join him and run for stacks of chairs,i witnessed a older lady have a stack of 8 chairs and someone went to get some of her and she was saying no and she knocked a child into the pool for fighting for the chairs,you find ppl put there towels on them and leave them til later on in the afternoon...that's the only thing i didn't like about the hotel really

i traveled with my husband my 5 year and 1 year old and we had a great holiday we went to mundemor and aqualandia both were great and you get your picture taken with dolphins at mundemor..also the entertainment team are good,they gets the kids up and dancing and we watched a few animal shows while there...

the hotel is full of spanish guests aswell who are really rude and aggorant but we didnt let that spoil our holiday...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maria G, Director General at Magic Tropical Splash, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words of our staff. They work very hard every day and focus their efforts in fulfilling all of our customers expectations. We are proud to read this opinion to know that all their hard work is achieving our main goal wich is your satisfaction and enjoyment.
I can assure you that all of them, me included, look forward to welcome you and your party, back in a near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

i have just returned from this hotel we stayed the first 2 weeks of June, it was fantastic, there was everything for the children many activity's during the day and night time, was very good didn't disappoint there is a children's corner so the kids can have there nuggets spaghetti etc. bar and restaurant staff where very polite, the rooms where great very big and spacious we had our own kitchen area which is good we have a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old have a microwave in the room was extremely handy for heating up bottles, I have 2 bad to say about the hotel we where on the 6th floor facing pool side and we couldn't sleep due to the entertainment which was outside music was on till around 1-1.30 am was very annoying also Thursdays to Mondays u are invaded by the Spanish u had to be in a queue for 9.45 for the pool opening because the Spanish ran or even jump over the fence to get to the sunlounger's was unbelievable,myself and my family would go to the beach at the weekend was more peaceful than the hotel, overall it was a good holiday we are rebooking for next year

1 Thank Annette M
Dear Annette M,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we appreciate all positive comments and are pleased to know your stay was an enjoyable one.

The main goal of the Magic Costablanca chain is our customer, your satisfaction, fulfilment of expectations and enjoyment. and reviews like yours help us understand we are acomplishing our objectives.

We have intensive audit programmes that help us know the opinion of our customers,
and we will continue to work hard to make your holidays a special one.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went here from the 11th till the 25th of June 2013. I would have rated the holiday with full marks if the food didn't let this brill hotel down.
STAFF Are friendly polite and extremely helpful. Many have good levels of English understanding. The restaurant staff, hostess, and bar staff are smashing.
Good standards of cleanliness everywhere. Fresh towels in the rooms every day, and the cleaner comes round every day, washing floors etc., tidying up.

POOL: The pool is emptied every evening after seven pm, and you see the whole area being tidied up. In the morning an army of cleaners are out cleaning everywhere outside with pressure washers, sweeping up etc., before the pool is re filled. The pool is tested too during the day to check for correct levels of cleanliness. There are ample sun loungers but people do que up for them. Massive big pool with mid pool bar. My son loved it. I would mention safety here. My husband and son were hurt after using the flumes. So be safety aware, or you could end up at hospital like we did. My son went down the flume first, then the life guard told my hubby to go. He wasn't happy said he wasn't sure that my little one would be clear yet. However the life guard insisted he was clear, and to go. The result was that my husband landed on top of my lttle boy injurying his head, and my husbands eye. So my husband and son had to go to hospital. X rays had to be done, and my hubby had to see an eye specialist for a haematoma, and he couldn't see out of that eye. The hotel took charge and my husband was seen at the private hospital in Benidorm, and they have told us they will take care of the medical bills. So thank you to the Monika for that. I understand that the life guard is no longer there. It pays to wait a little longer till you think the person in front is clear before going down the flumes. Family loved the flumes though. Great fun when used responsibly.

If you like peace and quiet in the evenings, this is not the hotel for you. The entertainment is noisy and we had a balcony over looking it on the 12th floor. The entertainment racket went on till midnight, then it took ages to disperse everyone back into the hotel to their rooms. However if you like crying children, and enjoy outdoor entertainment than this is the place for you. There was also a noisy massive yearly party with fire works on finestrat beach and people were still coming home till 5 A.M. It was good to come home to get a sleep with music blaring from ten or eleven a.m. during the day. So an afternoon nap wasn't easy also.

Don't go there, rabbit, (yes I did say rabbit), pork, etc., we had a few days with beef which was lovley. However this was the worst thing about the hotel. The food is constantly re-invented, recycled or re-fried. Whatever. I think the left over german sausage was used to make lasagne which didn't taste anything like lasagne. It was also made into a sort of sausage stew for the snack bar. Left over bacon (well at least what the Spanish call bacon) was put in a hard cheese and ham pie. It was basically the same food everyday for a fortnight. The salads were nice until you discovered left overs such as fruit, sausage and egg were chopped through them. The snack bar had hot dogs and nasty burgers and rolls every day, but nice chips. Also drinks and salad. The lady who worked in the snack bar was lovely.
Bedrooms
Toilet seat had cigarette burns, but rooms were functional and clean. We had problems with the loo which was reasonably repaired, the air conditioning was fantastic for the first week. It broke down the second week, and they said they had it working reasonably well enough when repaired. But it wasn't working properly, and they were waiting on a part. Good thing about the air conditioner was that it was really noisy and drowned out the entertainment.

Location.
there were some run down bits in finestrum to the rear of the hotel, however, also some nice areas. A short stroll to the beach. There is a lidl and iceland with brit stuff in it at La Marina retail park. The markets are great, but haggle or you will be taken for a ride. The beach is lovely and clean and the tractor is out cleaning it every day, with tourist info station and first aid. My son and hubby loved it. If you want shops, the bus is dirt cheap. A euro and 40 per person to go to Benidorm. Thousands of shops. Massive big market. Be aware, McDonalds is extortionate and Burger King worse. Euros don't go far there.
LIFTS
are in-adequate, and you could stand for up to fifteen minutes at certain times waiting for one.
You are not supposed to use the staff lift which only goes to floor thirteen, so cleaners use ours for floors up to 22. So it's murder, especially with trolley cases and pushchairs.

Spanish
Found them to be rude and pushy, we tried to remain polite despite the fact that they do not believe in good manners or turn taking. The arrive en mass from Thursday to Monday, from Valencia etc., Bachellor parties and the like. Its chaotic when they arrive, you can't get a sun bed, and the hotel is heaving. You can't turn round without bumping into someone.

The accident wasn't good, but we had great weather, and a lovely time at the beach and in the pool. It was a good family holiday, and tried to be as fair with the review as possible. There are four towers and 22 floors. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: if you want quiet, don't go to towers three and four. Top floors have no balconies.
2 Thank pippabubbles4
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate all positive comments and are pleased to know your stay was an enjoyable one.

The main goal of the Magic Costablanca chain is our customer, your satisfaction, fulfilment of expectations and enjoyment. and reviews like yours help us understand we are accomplishing our objectives.

Looking forward to welcome you in a close future.

prudhoe northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel after my fith visit and yet again it didnt disapoint!!! the staff are fantastic from cleaners to bar staff and prefer the english to the spanish!! dont get me wrong at weekends the spanich invade and are extremely rude but at the end of the day its there country!! we just act as polite as possible and ket there rudeness go over our heads and keep our sunbeds and evening seats close!! but plus points if you have children there is so much for them to do and the pool and daytime activities are fab, evening entertainment is what you would expect kids disco then animal shows singers etc but the people you meet and staff make the entertainment everyear for us we have met so many great people we just keep going back for more!! any questions please ask but I would recommend this hotel to anyone FAB FA FAB

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor if dont like heights!!!
3 Thank julie1407
Maria G, Director General at Magic Tropical Splash, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
dear Julie 1407

and we will continue to work hard to make your holidays a special one.

Ferrybridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

we went here on the 4th june never again the food was rubbish had to eat out even though we were allinclucive only one bar open till the spanish came on thursday then 3 open they went home and monday only one open again allk entertainment was out side which was a bit cold some nights couldnot go to bed till 1.15 till all noise out side had stopped as we faced the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Finestrat hotels

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed in Monika holiday in June 2013 after requesting to move from Magic Rock Gardens. Monika has a fabulous pool which is child friendly as the sunlounger are placed poolside unlike Rock Gardens which was on a terrace with 2 flights of steps down to pool and further 2 flights of steps to slides (hence the move to a child friendlyy complex). Poolside was clean and the kids just loved the slides (me too!!). Always able to get loungers.

Food:

Food was fantastic always something edible with a wide variety to choose from. Top class.

Staff:
Staff very friendly although i do believe alot of my child's clothes had gone missing from the room, my parents discovered this also with my nephews clothes (obviously some1 was in greater need).

Things to do:

Entertainment was very repititive but the children travelling aged 4 and 2 aged 6 made there own craic in the soft play area and the small play park.

All in all holiday was fantastic and i would highly recommend Monika.

2 Thank Joanne M
Dear Joanne M;

We always receive comments in a positive direction, and try to monitor these comments to manage improvementes in our services to match all of our guests expectations. Sometimes we make mistakes but in order to improve we need to be reminded of them.

In Magic Costablanca and Hotel Villa del Mar we work hard to be better day by day and to always accomplish your satisfaction and enjoyment, therefore we would like to recommend you to ask for our special amigos cards in reception on your next visit, and benefit from it's special advantatges.

We look forward to your next visit to be able to surprise you with a complete magnificent stay.

Selby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and myself have just returned from an 1 week all inclusive holiday at this hotel and we were not disappointed. It's located just outside of benidorm with a free shuttle bus service to all the other hotels in the chai which you can also go and eat and drink in. All the staff were friendly. The maintenance man was superb we had taken the wrong travel plug, the maintenence guy came to re programme our safe at which we mentioned the travel plug problem. To which when we returned from our evening meals to find two placed in our room.
The food was great, a massive choice of salads, meats and hot meals.
The drinks were all international brands, which was great as I have had trouble in other hotels before.

All in all myself and my boyfriend would love to return here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne R
Dear Joanne R,

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Finestrat
Magic Robin Hood
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,267 reviews
Hotel La Cala
Hotel La Cala
#2 of 6 in Finestrat

Been to Magic Tropical Splash? Share your experiences!