Spent a week at the Confortel half board. It was a last minute booking through Booking.com. Some conusion at check in as the booking had not registered our children but that was dealt with swiftly.
The room was spotless and adequate for our family of 4, had a nice little kitchen area, microwave, fridge etc. The majority of the apartments had a sea view if distant. I do have to agree the beds were really hard
The Hotel was probably 80% spanish people, but that was fine with us there was always beds at the pool, no early towels out...just great. The pool had a lifeguard all day and inflatables and toys for the children, again very clean and tidy.
The restaurant was good, quite modern in decor, the only downside it did get very loud when it became busy as the sound bounced off the walls. Food was great, breakfast was pretty standard, cereal, pastries, bacon eggs etc. Evening meal there was always two choices of meat and a fish dish with rice vegetables and a variety of desserts. The staff worked exceptionally hard and were very friendly, Paco, Antonio, Melany and Rosa in particular ( Paco never has a day off !!).
The location of the hotel was at the top of the hill but as most reviews say you get used to the climb and its good exercise !. Cala Galdana beach was beautiful, you could walk right out into the sea. The resort is definatley for families was busy but not rowdy loved it.
One other thing to mention we had an excellent transfer with Sun Transfers.com brand new mercedes people carrier arranged the morning we flew out the service was exceptional and price was the cheapest available remarkable really.
We would return to the confortel it was a really lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ILUNION Menorca apartment hotel is situated in the privileged spot of Cala Galdana, with the best beaches of Menorca surrounding it such as Cala Galdana, Mitjana or Macarella. Cala Galdana is characterised for its accessibility and for its shallow, clean and crystal clear waters, which makes it the perfect place for families with children. It has 123 one or two bedroom large and comfortable apartments with terrace balconies. They have large balconies, a bathroom equipped with a bath and living room with an integrated kitchen, which is equipped with microwave, fridge, toaster, kitchen utensils, etc. If you are travelling with children (over 4 years old) you will be able to enjoy all of the activities of the Mini-club and the children's animation programs The hotel has a snack-bar, restaurant with buffet service, an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi in the common areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your ILUNION Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Confortel Menorca Hotel Cala Galdana
- Confortel Anabel Cala Galdana
- Confortel Anabel Hotel Cala Galdana
- ILUNION Menorca Cala Galdana