Aguamarina Golf Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Muthu Royal Park Albatros(San Miguel de Abona)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Green Park(Golf del Sur)
  • Pool
El Nautico Suites(San Miguel de Abona)
Average 3/5
    • Restaurant
    Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf(San Miguel de Abona)
    Great 4.5/5
    Apartments Alondras Park(Costa del Silencio)
    Average 3/5
    1,746 results
    All reviewsentertainment teamkids clubirish barsalt waterpool areafree busparrot showlunch and dinnerwater polohotel is spotlesslos cristianosmain poolsea viewplenty of choicebuilding workcrazy golffood was fine
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 11, 2013

just got back from the worst place i have ever stayed in,the Staff were RUDE,and very unfriendly couldn`t care less about you almost as if they did not want you there,Food the same boring choose everyday,out of packets and tins and only just warmed up,the all inclusive was a joke,only got a few of the drinks on the menu the rest you had to pay for,even had to pay for an ice cream,most of the time you had to wait up to 15 mins to get served,we paid full price for my 14 yr old and she had to sleep in a put me up at the bottom of are bed,the entertainment was dreadful,and there was nothing to do all day,on the day of departure the all inclusive stoped bag on 12,o,clock so we had to pay for everything until we left at 5,o,clock,then the transfer did not arrive,the staff were uninterested,we had to beg them to ring a taxi and got to the airport just in time to board the plane,only good point was coming home.

Room Tip: can not really say if there are more than 2 of you.
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
    3  Thank janoe_link
    Reviewed July 2, 2013

During our stay, hundreds of spanish kids were there for a football tournament. They were horrendous, and the management just watched. They were throwing cups, clothes etc in the pool. They were bombing, dunking, diving, throwing eachother in the pool..... They shouted from 6am til 1am every single day. They had no manners in the restaurants, would skip the queues etc. The hotel needs to realise that there are other guests too, and should control these brats better.
    Other that that, nice hotel, good food.

Room Tip: High room, seaview
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    4  Thank cyprusisfab
    Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our holiday did not get off to the best start as we were bumped off by Saga to this hotel having originally booked the nearby 5 star Sandos San Blas. So having looked forward to 5 star luxury the Aguamarina Golf was a bit of a let down to say the least. Having said that, for a 'cheap and cheerful' 3 star (never 4 star) all-inclusive, it's not bad. The rooms are very spacious and the entire hotel, although somewhat dated, is kept spotlessly clean. The food is so, so - a bit repetitive and either lukewarm or cold. The all-inclusive wine is awful, just vinegar in different colours, and the coffee tastes of gravy browning. The daytime entertainment is dire - noisy French 'yoofs' screeching away over the tannoy or playing deafening dance music. On the plus side, the staff are lovely, once you get to know them, and the location of the hotel is excellent, with lots of nice walks in any direction. We were given a room with a sea view, maybe as a sop as we shouldn't have even been there, but I would say it's worth paying any extra as the views are stunning (still no escape from the music though, unless you go to the apartments next door).

Room Tip: Sea view rooms get the sun all afternoon and evening although any room overlooking the pool will be noisy during the day.
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank LindylouAylesbury
    Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here at the end of November, the weather was lovely (alot hotter than Lanzarote by the way) and could not fault anything. As It was my birthday the Management kindly gave me an upgrade to seaview, and when I return I would definately pay for the fantastic seaview. The room & bathroom were spacious and quite modern, but more importantly very clean. All balcony's are large and seaviews have sun on all day till around 7ish.The food was lovely, stayed in many AI before, but this was far the best, serving bottles of wine at lunch & evening meal.(that was the best part) There is a handful of restaurants on the main road outside and a nice boozer called 'The Wild Geese' there are also some bars/restaurants underneath the Aguamarina S/C apartments(come out main front reception, turn right and follow path round to the right) as if you were walking to the beach ( what beach - small) and there they are 2mins walk. if you carry on round the Marina you will spot a lighthouse, there is a cracking Bar/ cafe overlooking the sea - make sure you put your lotion on its a sun trap.San Blas is a 5e taxi worth a little visit and walk the coastal path back straight back to the hotel, passing a couple of bars on the way for a nice glass of something cold.
    Now the only couple of things I would say on the downside was the pool was freezing, so think they could do with looking at heating it in winter. Entertainment was basic, normal parrot show and a keyboard player, ok for the older folk, not me.Quiet place, but enough for us as we were only stay for a week at a time, but if you do want to explore, there is a free bus about 3 times a day (book day in advance) to Los Cristianos & Playa Americas. There are themed night, were you have an Aargentinian night etc.. if your AI you only pay 3e if not 45e, we tried to book this the day we landed and it was fully booked for 2wks, so book on the net at home a week or so before you go, hopefully have more luck than us. So overall a lovely clean relaxing holiday and plan to go back this November again for my birthday. Enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: seaviews are well worth the extra, and sun on them all day. Mail them about a month before and let them know its your birthday and they will kindly give you a S/V if available
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
    5  Thank SHAZZABirminghamb32
    Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel was immaculately clean, everywhere! It is in a very quiet location so if you prefer not to stay in the hotel of an evening and go out for the nightlife, this would not be for you. The hotel does provide a free bus into Los Christianos and Los Americas during the day but not the evening and a cab costs about 26 euros into Los Christianos, so can get expensive. Entertainment is not brilliant and the all inclusive finishes at 11pm. If you're an early drinker, be advised you cannot get alcohol before 11am either. The food, could not be faulted. There was at every meal, something for everyone! In fact I would say, this is most definately one of the very best all inc for meals. Everyone I spoke to whilst there agreed on that.
    It was disappointing that the bar by the pool was shut during my stay, which meant that you had quite a walk to the bar from the pool which also included about 20 steps, not a problem for me but maybe for some, if you stayed by the childrens pool, you were closer to the bar as that was on the 'upper' level and the larger adult pool was on the 'lower'. You can also use the pool at the apartments which is much larger and much nicer but you don't have all inclusive there. There is also a little entertainment club by the apartments which was apparently very good, I never went as I was content to just sit and chat at the bar with friends I'd made. It being a Saga hotel, there were a lot of older people so all in all, I think the hotel has got the right balance for pleasing most by keeping the atmosphere low key.
    The rooms are pleasant enough but the beds were very hard and the pillows were too but that would be my only negative on the rooms as I don't spend much time in them anyway, for me it is just a place to shower and sleep. It is very close to the airport, making it only a 15 min transfer and although there were a lot of planes in and out, you really didn't notice.
    The only real criticism I do have, is that your all inclusive, finishes at 12 noon on the day you leave and they do check before even serving you as you are given a card (not a wrist band) that is swiped each time you order and is automatically cut off! A friend I'd made whilst there got me a drink and the bar staff came out to check and told her off!!
    As I was delayed on my arrival by 6 1/2 hrs, I had no evening meal or even a drink as it had gone midnight by the time I had checked in and I had to buy a cup of tea because all inc finished at 11, despite the fact they knew of all the delays that day, I found that a tad harsh,so on my check out, I asked if I could get lunch as I wasn't leaving until 4pm and pointed out that I had 'lost out' on arrival. They agreed to that but wouldn't allow me to use the bar on all inc..( which included Tea/ coffee / soft drinks, not just alcohol) However, at lunch you can drink as much as you like, so of course enjoyed a drink or two at lunch until 3.30 when it shuts, so did think it was a tad petty to cut the bar off to all of us that were checking out that day.
    Other than that negative, it was a very relaxing holiday, lovely food, nice staff and very clean, I would recommend this hotel to anyone over 40 looking for a peaceful break in a perfect climate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple