“Terrible service”
Review of Nawaab Indian Tandoori - CLOSED

Nawaab Indian Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 26, 2013

As avid fans of Indian food we were pleased to find this restaurant close to our apartments.
I have to say, the place was empty and we had not seen it busy in all the time we were there, but decided to give it a go.
We sat at a table and a waiter came to take our order. After ordering a couple of beers, we started ordering our food. I think the waiter was Spanish, rather than Indian. Half way through taking the order he said could he have the numbers of the dishes. Now I don't have a very strange accent and was speaking quite clearly, yet we called out the numbers. Throughout the interaction, he was very surly and unfriendly.
Our first order was a couple of poppadums and dips. They were completely soggy and stale. There was a small bowl of onions and a small bowl with a red coloured dip in. We asked if they could be changed for some fresh ones. Two more appeared that were obviously the same batch that had been popped in an oven for a few minutes.
Our Onion Bhaji's arrived and I asked for some raita. He had no idea what I was talking about, so after trying yoghurt and getting no response, I asked him to bring the menu. I pointed out the number of the raita dip I required. He came back saying they didn't have any.
Sorry, but after all of this palava, we had a very bad feeling about the quality of food we were about to receive and my Husband went inside to have a word with the Chef/Owner and explained that we would like the bill for our drinks, but we would not be eating there. He explained why and they didn't seem too bothered and presented us with our bill.
We then jumped in a taxi to San Blas and went to a lovely Indian Restaurant there, where the food was very fresh and the service second to none.

1  Thank LancashireRam

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant is stuck in the 60's with cracked tables and chairs from that era.
While the service was pleasant thee was nothing fresh or tasty about the food, almost as though everything was reheated. The views over the Sea were ok but nothing special.
The bill was far higher than a UK Indian place but sadly I did not check it as suggested by others.
Would not return.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Do not eat here ...... disgusting! Everything about this place is awful ...... do not waste your time or money on Nawaab Tandoori.

1  Thank soozienewshoesyeah
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went here for a curry and found there food awful should of carried on to San Blas.
Curry to salty chicken either over cooked or under cooked onion bargies very greasey and when we complained we were told (NO PAY) we then got up to leave but chased down by waitress who then told us we had eaten a bit of our rice and Nann Bread and starters that we had to pay for these items ( 28 euro) this restaraunt should be closed down...

3  Thank Garry240866
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Against my better judgement, I was dispatched to retrieve a take away meal to bring back to our nearby hotel.
First the positive. The vegetable pakora wasn't too bad, although it was a little dry.
The mushroom bajhee on the other hand was shocking. Hot and salty just about describes it.
Save your money and go elsewhere. Anywhere!

1  Thank Gee D