“Awful food and awful service...don't go there!”

Nawaab Indian Tandoori
Ranked #48 of 61 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
staffordshire
“Awful food and awful service...don't go there!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been visited Nawaab on a previous visit to this area and it was fine. I really do not know what has happened here but it is awful! The people on the next table to us where complaining about their food when we arrived...I should have taken it as a sign! When our food arrived, the naan bread were like hard pizza base frisbies! I had chicken balti. I almost choked when I took a mouthful as it had an explosive amount of chilli in it and was so salty! The side order of mushroom bajee ( which should not be spicy) was equally as hot and could not be eaten. My partners veg balti was even spicier than mine! I complained to the waitress but all she kept saying was indian food is spicy!! Errrr no...it is not! She then walked off. I spoke to another waiter in spanish this time and explained we were not happy with the quality of the food! He too took no notice what so ever saying it was the chefs first night! Whilst we were there two more tables complained about the food being too spicy. They too were fobbed of with lame excuses!
Save your money and go to San Blas. I will not be patronising Nawaab again, food and service shocking!

• Visited November 2012

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Nov 12- overpriced for what it is.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ate here on our first night in Tenerife as it was close to our apartments.
Waitress did not listen to what we ordered and ended up with more than we had asked for (she did not tell us that nan bread was included with one meal, but took an order and charged us for another one). Would not go back here.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JEM1962_12
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Disgusting. Should be shut down.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Unfortunately i ate at this restaurant 31/08/12 after the tapas and chill bar were fully booked. I cannot state just how much i regret this last minute 'i'm hungry, this looks ok, other people are eating here' decision. The starter usual was ok. The main tasted really off and the chicken wasn't cooked properly. I hardly ate any of the meal as it all tasted a bit off. After the bill was paid i walked past the kitchen to head to the toilets and saw the absolutely disgusting state the kitchen was in. I paid for this for the last day of my holiday. Alas. I don't know if there are health and hygience inspectors in tenerife... they really need to head to this restaurant ASAP and shut the place down.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Stephanie W
York, United Kingdom
“Curry with a view”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Lovely food, pleasant staff, on the seafront.
Manager was a bit bossy - shouting at chef in front of patrons, but otherwise a pleasant experience.

Visited August 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Rip Off - Check the bill before you pay!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited as a family August 2012 and were charged twice for one portion of onion bargee and 20E for a bottle of wine which we were were told when enticed into the restaurant with sales patter that it would be FREE. Bill over 80Euros. Dont Go There!! Check all restaurant bills in tenerife before you pay - I prevented several extras!! being added to my bills. Go to San Blas - Much Better! Other reviews on this dia place are worth reading..

• Visited August 2012