“Restaurant to visit”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We found this small bar and restaurant by chance when we had to shelter from the rain! The menu looked good so we booked for an evening meal.Three of us ordered the fillet steak all cooked different ways and were pleasantly surprised that they were all cooked differently but a bit too much as rare was more medium. Wine was good and service friendly. Tried the Canadian black pudding which was sweet and complemented the steak surprisingly well. Portions were large and overall worth the money. Averaged about 30e a head for 2 courses and wine. There are plenty of restaurants to try in this area and this is one to give a go. It wasn't the usual picture menu type.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Yes we enjoyed the food. My husband enjoyed the sardines but the veggie options for me were limited.
Staff were friendly and it was clean and pleasant.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Steak is nice. Also there is a nice sun terrace with a big TV which is nice in the afternoon cos it gets the sun. Andy and Amanda who run it are really friendly so its well worth going to, you will enjoy it!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quite good British style restaurant. I was there on December 30, 2012. It was my first day and eating in Golf del Sur. I would say I was not disappointed. It is quite clean with good service.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here last week after reading the reviews and were frankly very disappointed. I had the garlic prawns to start and had to send them back as the garlic was burnt and bitter and the prawns were overcooked and rubbery. To be fair they apologised and replaced them and the second attempt was very nice. However, my sirloin steak which I had requested rare was anything but and full of gristle. It was accompanied by what tasted like frozen chips, tinned peas and a packet pepper sauce. The steak was so chewy and tasteless I could only eat a few mouthfuls. My husband had the chorizo to start which he said was very nice, then decided on their much publicised battered fish and chips. It was ok if it had been at pub grub prices but was certainly nothing to shout about. This restaurant looked very nice and the service and ambiance was good but the food let it down badly. It's a real shame.

2  Thank Susan Y