“Not as good as last time!”

Trasmallo Steakhouse
Ranked #50 of 66 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went here for my husband's birthday treat on 18 March 2013. We had the set menu of 2 courses for 7 Euros. Last time here in Sep 2011, we had a brilliant meal and hoped for much of the same. The food is ok but not to the same standard as before. Teo, the owner was away on a business trip but would be back in a couple of days. We chose not to go back again though. Last time we had the seafood platter to share for 2 people and it was enough on there for 4. Thjis time it was barely enough for 2! Mind you with wine, beer + our 2 courses each the bill came to just 24.34 Euros! They even brought some sparkly wine as a birthday treat! Not too bad! We were the last people there as we never came out till late! I think they were hoping we would eat and drink up quicker! Xx

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We visited Trasmallo on two occassions and for the main course had the mixed fish grill for two persons, the food was well cooked and the waiters were very friendly and happy to have a chat while they were serving, taking into consideration the cost of the meal 10.50 euros each I found the restaurant to be good value for the money.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

good food, good price, nice waiting staff, big restaurant, quick service

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We went here for the special menu of the day as we thought it sounded good value for money. We started with melon and parma ham and padron peppers which were fine. I ordered fried fish for my main, not realising it would be "deep" fried. It was so overcooked and nearly impossible to remove the bones. My partner ordered a steak in pepper sauce cooked medium. Part of it was still raw and another part was well done. When he told me it tasted "soapy", I thought he'd lost his mind. But then I tasted it - it was like eating fairy liquid. I've never tasted a steak like it in my life. Dessert wasn't much better. My partner's ice cream was far more ice than cream and my tiramisu tasted more like vanilla than coffee. The service wasn't any better than the food and it's definitely one to avoid. I guess you get what you pay for!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The title really says it all. The food was not exceptional, but good. However the service was poor. We got the impression, that really, the waiters did not want us to be there, making them work!

Also, although the house red wine wine was drinkable, we were all very dissapointed with it. We had much better wine, for the same price, in other, nearby restuarants.

Overall, we found it dissapointing, and did not go back.

1  Thank Ray0201