“Lovely food, best in the Golf.”

Dabda Wine Bar Tapas y Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

So stuffed tomatoes with tuna, sounds pretty basic doesn't it?
Well yes if I serve it up, not if you order the dish here!
Beautiful fresh ingredients are the order of the day.
Dressings on all the food just seem to make what should be an ordinary meal in to a spectacular meal.

We ate here three times this last holiday.
Each and every time all was perfect.
My hubby had pasta twice, always perfect with fantastic sauces.
I had the tuna salad once, the stuffed toms another time, brusatta as well which is always fantastic.
The presentation of the food is superb at all times.
The staff are attentive and it is a pleasure to be served by them.

The drinks are always good, quality stuff served always and in good glasses.
The last review on here mentions that is not a cheap place, yes that is true to one extent, but it is not dear either in my opinion.
We have spent way more on the island and it has not been as good.

The inside restaurant looks just lovely, very swish infact, not that I have ever sat in there as it is always warm when we go, so we prefer the outside area.
It is slightly tired looking, but still great to sit down and chill out in whislt you watch the folk walk by.

Well recommended to all who visit this area.
Like all bad pennies we will be back!

1  Thank whatnamecaniuse

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Golf del Sur has a large variety of restuarants tempting you in with low low prices. Three courses for 10 euros, or all you can eat buffets for 6 euros, etc etc. For those on a limited budget I can understand the attraction, but personally I have found these to be very disappointing more substance than taste.
It is very hard to find a restuarant that serves top quality food in nice surroundings, and well presented, but Dabda is possibly the best we have found in South Tenerife after many many years of visiting the island.
It does however come at a price. In the UK it would appear to be a reasonable priced restuarant for the quality of food, but in Tenerife it appears more pricey, and will only suit those where finances are not a big consideration, or for those wanting to treat themselves.
Sinead is a lovely personable young Irish lady, and the staff tend to be from the UK or speak perfect English.
Despite this British/Irish ownership, the menu while having food choices we would be familiar with, it also gives a big nod toward traditional Spanish food, with Rabbit on the menu, and a good selection of Tapas.
My wife and I have been many times, and have never been disappointed. All the food is top quality, and beautifully presented. The pasta for instance is fresh pasta cooked perfectly.

So is there anything amiss with this place?
Not really, but if I wanted to be 'picky' while the inside restuarant seems well kept, on warm Tenerifian evenings it is nice to sit outside Al Fresco. This is fine as they have tables and chairs and comfy whicker settees if you prefer, with a canapy over the top.
This is a lovely area, but just beginning to start getting that tired look.
There is a long thin light on the wall which in all the years we have come we have never seen on, which we think would look lovely, but now the green baise on it, is coming away at the top and looking tatty, and many of the plants have quite a lot of dead leaves which while not a major problem could so easily be dealt with, bringing the outside area up to top standard.

Like I say though a minor detail which no doubt Sinead will sort soon.
In summary while not expensive in UK terms, if price while on holiday is not a consideration then this comes with the highest recommendation.

2  Thank Condor7700
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the most delicious tuna salad for lunch here - delicious! Sinead was very friendly and the place is lovely. My fiancé and I are so impressed and we're going back for dinner tonight. Lovely ambience!

1  Thank Emmaleemurphy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are looking for incredibly tasty tapas this is the place to go. The selection is out of this world and the food mouth wateringly wonderful. This wee gem is hidden in amongst a few oher restaurants and some shops so if you are not looking for it you may miss it.
When we came upon it by accident one afternoon we were advised by staff that a reservation for an evening meal is recommended - we were glad we did as it can get quite busy. Nevertheless, the food came quickly and the service was friendly and relaxed. The restaurant has seating both inside and outside, we chose outside on both occasions that we were here. There is a slight breeze in the evening which was lovely and made our evenings here fab.

1  Thank G_Aberdeen
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have been going here since it opened and cannot fault this place. The service is always prompt, efficient and friendly. The owner being very knowledgable about the local produce and keen to offer welcome advice. The food is delicious and fresh whilst the wine (we always have a carafe of house wine ) is lovely. The chorizo bruschetta is gorgeous and recommended as is the goats cheese. We try something different each time: lasagna, beef ravioli, fish in wine sauce, steak cooked perfectly and very flavoursome. We have always been too full to have dessert and finish with a coffee and liquer. We usually manage to secure a table without a delay however it may be advisable to book as it is very popular and we saw a few reserved tables each night we were there. Definitely one to try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed -try a glass of prosecco whilst perusing the menu!

1  Thank CaroMLanark