“Super staff and fab food”
Review of Maria Restaurante & Lounge Bar - CLOSED

Maria Restaurante & Lounge Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since we opened in 2011 Maria Restaurant has provided its customers with authentic Mediterranean cuisine using fresh market produce, a unique offer in Golf Del Sur. Located within the Nautico Suites complex, our restaurant provides professional and friendly service with unparalleled atmosphere and sea views. Once you discover Maria you will be able to enjoy the spacious and elegant salon, the large terrace and our lounge bar featuring an extensive drinks list.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This restaurant is a must for anyone staying in the golf de sur area of tenerife.We have just returned from a week there and ate in Maria's 3times.The food and wine was excellent and really good value.The staff ,Sarah and Therese were very friendly and efficient .We would recommend this restaurant and we look forward to going there again .

2  Thank Mttow

Reviewed January 29, 2014

....I have to start by stating I don't go to Trip Advisor that much to post reviews, in spite of the fact I actually own my own pub/restarant in Bakewell.

The reason being I feel if you can't say nice things on a web site where there are no mitigating circumstances, then I feel you are better advised to keep ones councel.

If you feel the meal, the service, the venue is not up to your expectations, than don't take the cowards door - face up to real people and address the matter in their face.

Discuss the issue, explain your reasoning, take a few seconds, even minutes out from the situation, and point out in an honest way where you thought the problem was - I say this after reading two damning negative posts in reference to El Nautico restaurant reviews.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion - whether it be good or bad, not everybody can be right or maybe even I feel wrong in those instances, but what I will say in defence of the restaurant at El Nautico, I have dined here twice - the first about 5 years ago and the second tonight, so what I will state unreservedly, the venue, the ambiance, the staff, the whole big picture and this includes both meals - yes even the one 5 years ago were outstanding, and if for those of you who feel price is important, that too was full value for money, again on both occasions.

The whole ambiance of the venue is wonderful, it is not always busy, due to the positioning to being on Golf Del Sur, maybe even down to the fact visitors may feel it is too 'posh' (trust me it isn't) and much investment must have gone into everything when it was all put together, including the immaculate apartments, I think about 10 years ago now, and so this believe me, it is as good today as it was then, including of course the restaurant.

El Nautico therefore in conclusion is, as good as it gets on Golf Del Sur, you will not find a better alternative, and I've been coming to Tenerife for the best part of 25 years - Fifteen of them as an owner including on the Golf, and of which the last seven have been on Palm Mar.

I could take you to some fantastic restaurants on Tenerife - Spanish, English, Italian, Chinese you name it I've been to them, I could also show you some awful ones, so why post a review about this one tonight?

Because, I having read two negative reviews feel the balance has to be addressed in this particular case, as El Nautico is not in my sincere humble opinion, and does not come close to how it is described in the negativity scripted.

The place is a work of art, and the food is wonderful - no compromise, I should really end at this point, but what I will add if you are on, or anywhere near Golf Del Sur and you fancy something special, try El Nautico, and as soon as you walk through into the Maria Restaurant and Lounge Bar, you will understand!

.....and when you having eaten, paid up, and walk out, you will say, "I Do......"

4  Thank thepeacockbakewell
Reviewed January 27, 2014

you must visit this restaurant. we went 3 times in our week. the chef here is excellent and the presentation of the food first class.
the ambience is very relaxing and the sunset over the sea amazing. drinks are reasonably priced and the two waitresses were extremely pleasant and friendly.

3  Thank marjes125
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We visit Tenerife at least twice a year and always dine at Maria's restaurant at least three times during our stay.The restaurant is very well appointed and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented.We find Maria's excellent value for money.On Thursdays there is a saxophonist playing and you can enjoy the music of your choice or get up and dance as you wish. I am really surprised this restaurant got a bad review on Trip Advisor.This has certainly never been our experience as we think Maria's is our best dining experience in Tenerife every time.

2  Thank Kay018
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had a dreadful meal in Maria's tonight. Only 3 tables in use on a Sat night. Plus a CAT in the restaurant:( !!! We're still hungry, and we're treated so badly - it was our anniversary- they said they were calling the police cos we didn't want to pay for one of the starters. It was tempura prawns , and the soggy batter fell off before I ate it! Avoid at al costs!

2  Thank Anne O
PATTOTenerife, Owner at Maria Restaurante & Lounge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear customer,

We have just read your review and have to say we are quite puzzled. First of all let me address your statement about why we called the police. Obviously this was not because you didn´t want to pay for your tempura prawns. This was because you said you didn´t want to pay at all, you made a huge scandal and insulted our staff, and you ruined the evening for our other customers. Only when we called the police and you realised it wasn´t an empty threat did this attitude change. We have never had a problem like this in our restaurant before and from the moment you arrived we knew that your intentions were of this nature. People who work in this industry know that people like you exist and that inevitably we will have to deal with the situation you cause and then move on. Unfortunately for us, this was our turn. And in respect of your issue with the cat, this is too much. The cat belongs to the apartment complex we reside in and can be seen in the garden from our restaurant, not inside our restaurant.

We have a little advice for you. Try to enjoy your holidays, special occasions, going out for dinner and really good bottles of Rioja Crianza, like the one you had here and didn´t pay for.

Sarah and Patricia