“Poor show and poorer show from sister restaurant”
Review of La Marina

La Marina
Ranked #22 of 63 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited La Marina and had a very average dinner - it all felt a bit 'deep fried out of the freezer'. By accident, we also ate at the sister restaurant round the corner - and though the meal was just about edible - the service was shocking. Non existent and surly.

I wouldn't recommend either one - there are so many nicer places for dinner in the area.

There are newer reviews for La Marina

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was there at the beginning of January 2013. Yes, I really liked it. We ate Zarzuela. The picture of it is enclosed. It is a mix or better say stew of potato, fish, mussels, shrimps, vegetables etc. They say that it is for 2 persons. No! Not at all! It is really for four persons. I know what I say.:)))We took it home and had another good dinner next day at home.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Ate here twice at la Marina next to santa Barbara whilst on our last visit to GDS. First time i had garlic chicken, hubby had mexican steak and son had a huge burger , pint of larger, two soft drinks, and a litre of wine, garlic bread to start with.........less than 40 euros.
Service was good, not over the top with friendliness but efficient and pleasant . the food was very nice indeed. The restaurant was clean and toilets spotless. worth a visit and is certainly one of the better places to eat out of the similar restaurants in san blas. we will be returning.

1  Thank Deb S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to La Marina II (below La Marina but belongs to the same place) And to sum it up we found it disappointing and horrible.. We were going there for a nice meal (so we thought) along the Marina. The restaurant was pretty full when we went there so figured it had to be good. How wrong we were. I ordered a chicken salad, which was consisted of cold chicken, and a mixed salad. No seasoning or dressing, not even on the side.. additionally I had the added bonus of extra bugs.. Despite picking some out, thinking they might have landed in the salad on the way out, the findings of what looked like spiders and other bugs left me not finishing my meal..Disgusting!
We also ordered a pasta dish, with garlic bread. The pasta was edible, but not a proper carbonara sauce, and again no seasoning. And the garlic bread! Totally inedible, as it was rock hard... Would not go there again and would not recommend the place to others.

1  Thank Happy_travel1
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Portion sizes have been downgraded and the staff were hovering around the table when they gave you the bill which i found very rude.