“Professional dive company”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amarilla Divers

Amarilla Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Amarilla Divers in Tenerife is an Award winning PADI Dive Resort based in Los Abrigos, previously in Golf Del Sur. We offer a safe and friendly diving experience with one of our PADI Dive instructors or Divemasters. We also offer PADI & SSI Dive courses from Discover Scuba Diver to PADI Pro Levels. Tenerife has a wonderful underwater world to see with lots of life and different types of diving. Amarilla Divers has wreck dives, reef dives, swim throughs, turtles and sting rays dives on offer.Join in, Suit up, Get Wet, DIVE today with Amarilla Divers.
London, United Kingdom
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Professional dive company”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Contacted 'Mary' via email, who was quick to respond & very helpful.
Dive shop is clean, organised, with decent equipment, & the staff were professional & courteous.
Briefings were clear, concise, equipment always checked, & they offered to store my personal equipment in the shop.
I have no hesitation in recommending to non, novice, & experienced divers.

1 Thank Mike R

• Finnish first
Redditch, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Broken fears - excellent”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My boyfriend had been bugging me the whole week to try diving after seeing the shop at the resort we were staying in. For the first 5 days i said NO WAY, then after a chat with Mary & Neil I felt at ease (confirming I wasn't going to be eaten by a shark). So we booked the discover scuba diving session. We were fully kitted out and briefed with all safety aspects and exactly what the pool session would entail. We then undertook the training in the onsite swimming pool. Neil was an excellent instructor and i felt very relaxed around him. We completed the pool session and later that day had the fantastic opportunity to go on an open water dive. We drove to a small cove and had a 26 minute dive, seeing many fish and two turtles, which was surreal. I would personally like to send my thanks to the team at the dive centre for making the day such a pleasure after being so nervous. If we ever visit Tenerife again we will definately visit this dive centre.

1 Thank lourich29
London, England
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Very professional, excellent customer service & a pleasure to dive with”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This dive centre was recommended to me by a friend at my dive club and I am very glad I took her recommendation! Mary and Neil offer excellent customer service and do everything they can to make sure you have a great experience. They can also assist with accommodation recommendations and transfers. The dive shop offers a very professional, but also very personal service and all levels of ability can be catered for. I think it says a lot that they have many repeat customers including Junior Open Water and Advanced Open Water divers - they take very good care of their customers. Amarilla divers also have a strict no touch policy and follow the PADI Project Aware guidelines diligently - the same can not be said for a lot of the dive centres on the island who even advertise ray feeds on their website. If you want excellent dive guides who tailor dives to the divers needs, a professional, ecologically sound approach and a friendly, helpful centre, then this is the dive shop for you. I thoroughly enjoyed my dives and saw (amongst many other things) huge rays, octopus, cuttlefish, barracuda and lots of fish. Great diving, great company and a great way to spend the Easter Bank Holiday - thanks to everyone for making my stay so enjoyable.

1 Thank FayeW
Cambridge, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Another qualified diver joins the scuba world...”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

but this one is only 11 years old.
Thanks to Mary and Neil at Amarilla divers, who have, once again, been totally amazing. They did the open water referral for my stepson who past with flying colours at only age 11. Very proud.
What can I say, we have used Amarilla divers for a couple of years now and they are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble not only diving wise but also for suggestions of where to eat, hiring a car, seeing the island etc. They even offered us a lift to the airport. :-) They have a great team with them as well, making it the best part of the whole holiday.
Can't wait to go back and dive with them again.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“top diving tutors and well run”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We did a mornings diving today with this company.
I have dived many times and found these guys to be excellent in their standard, very helpful and safety concious. I took my 18 year old son on his discover scuba and I was his buddy...he loved it.
I also took my little 9 year old boy who did the bubble intro to diving and he played games under the pool with all the equipment on. He said it was the best thing he did all holiday! and that includes loro park, the beach, the pool, nice restaurants etc ... so thats says something! highly recommended! The couple who run it (Neal and Mary) were great hosts!We will be back in next year to increase our skills defo!

1 Thank terry r