“loved it”

Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Golf del Sur
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Rendezvous Bar and Bistro is situated next to the Bowling Green within the Winter Gardens complex on Golf del Sur. We have breakfast, lunch and evening menus, served by polite, professional and courteous staff. We use nothing but high quality produce. The setting of the Bar and Bistro is in the peaceful, clean and safe setting of Winter Gardens. Aside from delicious, value for money food, we also have live entertainment, show live sport on our large screen TV's and projector, quiz night, party nights, theme nights amongst many other activities.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family have been visiting Golf del Sur for a long time and for some reason this little gem has gone unnoticed ....I have to say after eating in most places in and around the area this is definately the best. The staff and the food are excellent it may be a bit more expensive than some of the other restaurants but the quality is much better ...I have not tried the bistro downstairs for food but have enjoyed a drink there and have to say the staff where very pleasant and the food did look very appetising ....I would highly recommend a meal here ....Cant wait for end of Nov for my next visit

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having travelled to this area and in particular this bar and restaurant many times in the past few years, I have always been very pleased with the staff, food and general feeling in this bar and restaurant. I am at the moment in the area for a three week holiday and visit these premises most days, whether it be for breakfast or dinner and drinks, the staff here are great and the food lovely as usual. I therefore fell that I had to write a review based on my experience here tonight. On entering I could see that they were very short staffed, only two girls on duty ( one spanish and one English ). Both the bistro and the restaurant upstairs were very full, and these two girls were clearly run off of their feet. I saw on at least three occasions customers who were turned away as the waiting time was either too long or they could not be seated. That is fine when a place is busy, But what really annoyed me was that two of their bosses were sitting outside with friends having a glass of wine and didn't seem to bother either trying to help their staff or find out why they were short staffed. I actually overheard a conversation in which the boss was informed that someone had gone home at 7pm without informing him, why did it take him until 8.15 to notice this ? Even after this he just sat back down with no offer to help his staff ? These girls worked really hard tonight and I could see that they were frustrated, I really hope that they are appreciated for all of the hard work that they put in tonight !

6  Thank Louise B
Reviewed October 25, 2012

the restaurant great but the underneath bisto really good value and nice veg and potatoes welcome relief, wine good price too good staff liked it

1  Thank pampowell54
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Whilst staying at the Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel we ventured out for a very short walk to find somewhere to eat and soak up the wine consumed at my brother-in-laws birthday bash the previous evening at the 'Sound of Musicals'. The Rendezvous Bar & Bistro sited right next to a superb sedate bowling green offered a fantastic setting for brunch, the food and prices were excellent and we all thought 'The Big'un' offered superb value for money. This led us to return to the upstairs restaurant facility the following evening. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were looked after by Stuart who turned out to be one of the best 'front of house' people i've ever encountered. His attentive, caring and knowledgable nature created one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. The food was absolutely sublime and gave me one of the best fillet steaks I've ever had in my life. My wife, sister, brother-in-law and I were so impressed with the Rendezvouz that we ate there 4 times in all during our week's stay of which we even participated in a fun game of bowls. This is undoubtedly a little gem on the Golf del Sur and we all personally recommend you visit this venue to experience it for yourselves.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our second visit to rendezvous and we thought that we couldn't let this one go without leaving a comment. The first visit was fantastic and this second one was equally as good. The four of us in our party mainly ate from the specials menu this time and can say that the food was second to none.for our mains we had the fillet steak special x 2, the three fish special x 2. We couldn't manage a desert as we were too full from the mains and starters. The usual two bottles of wine complimented the meal very well. On our last visit here last week we had a meal of equal quality. The only grumble was on both occasions was that we had to wait quite some time for our meal offers to be taken and for our meals to arrive but we did arrive at the same time as several other diners. This is much betterbhan being rushed and the waiting staff couldn't apologies enough for this delay.. Enjoyable outdoor eating experience with good food well cooked and presented and an interesting menu with something for everybody.