“Lovely hotel but ,,,,.,..,”
Review of Hotel Marina Parc

Hotel Marina Parc
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lets be truthfully here,hotel is lovely, lots of pools to choose from, water park great ,kept my 2 busy (6&12). Rooms basic were always kept clean ,fresh towels 3 times per week. Staff undermanned. Always polite friendly.weather great, For the surrounding resort not much going on lovely beach 15 min walk .few tourist shops, resturants. ,Backgammon bar is a plus for the resort a little haven. Fun park 5euros. For all day ,nice food too ,back to the marina parc
The not so good points ,the food breakfast typical selection bacon sausage beans eggs etc
Lunch. Pasta rice veg fish salads ,usually warm /cold served on a baine Marie when nearly finished new food just placed on top,
Dinner as above one night baked tomato and pineapple was one of the offerings fish was usually over cooked or smelt of fish( fish should not smell of fish )
There is a grill section where the cook is grilling meat , pork, chicken the cook one night blew his nose on blue paper then went on grilling when I asked if he was going to remove his blue. gloves wash his hands and put on new gloves ,he ignored me , I reported this to the manager and first choice ,there is always CHIPS ,PASTA. RICE, Spannish night GOOD, The food is not good , but first choice and the management are trying,there are no table cloths on the tables at times you have to find your own cutlery and tidy tables,another night we were offered turkey meat out of tin. With a gravy agh ,chopped pork tastes better. Cats every where. Does not help when people try to feed them,the children's play park is gravel with only the swings and. slides with matting old past its sell by date( the cats use this as a litter bin) the entertainers are on the go from 10 am till 10 45 pm daily they are getting better ,some of there shows are memorable all we did was laugh.Drinks are served in plastic cups they-should be larger as when you are hot you want a larger drinks to quench
thirst, All this hotel needs are a few tweaks In the food selection / standard of the food
In the reception more seating for families as this is the only place you can get Internet connection, the staff in this bar are great
We did have a good time met some lovely people . There were issues , BUT AGAIN THIS COULD BE A GREAT HOTEL IF THE OWNERS WOULD LISTEN TO THERE MANAGER AND FIRST CHOICE

Room Tip: D3 is quieter
2  Thank therotwieler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our first holiday abroad with our 4 year old Daughter, loved every minute of it!
Hotel - Immaculate, Friendly staff,
Food - Hot, Fresh & plenty of choice
Kids Club - Fantastic, lots of activities, great staff, no problems getting a space, good structured sessions.
Accommodation - Good size, beds changed & room cleaned every other day, plenty of towels
Entertainment - Could of been better,
Water Park - Good fun, clean & tidy
Daily Activities - something different every session, friendly team

Room Tip: Ask for D3 as this is the quieter side of the hotel, ask for sea view.
5  Thank Joanna R
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have four children aged from 10 to 4. The location is perfect from the airport, our accommodation was an excellent size. The food selection was good but a bit limited at the water park. The staff were all excellent and really friendly.
The entertainment was ok but could be improved and the certificate presentation in the evening did drag on!!!
The swimming pools and water park are suitable for all abilities and the local beach is a definite visit as it is amazing.
Overall a fantastic holiday that I have already recommended to friends with children.

6  Thank Janet D
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've just got back from staying at this hotel, and after reading some bad reviews prior to going, which I ignored, by the way, (if you take notice of all the bad reviews you read on here for any hotel or restaurant you'd basically be a hermit and end up spending all year staring at your wall in your lounge)

Yes, the hotel wasn't perfect, but unless you've got a spare million, and can afford a private island somewhere with servants tending to your every need, you're never going to be entirely happy.

The rooms were basic, once we'd squeezed a cot in there we could only really move around the room by levitating everywhere. It's a good job we didn't bring our cat with us, as we most definitely wouldn't have been able to swing it.... perhaps the most bizarre contribution to this room was the giant 42inch Tv in there, obviously for those people who want to come all the way to Menorca and watch Dickinsons Real Deal. (We only watched it 4 times)

Also, beware that the floor in the hotel room gets really slippy from the pressure of the 1000 bar power shower, and this doesn't bode well with running children (or adults for that matter) my son fell over pretty much every day, as did I. I have a bruise the size of Africa on my left leg. Was funny at the time though.

Also the walls are VERY thin, one night I was awoken by the sound of a giant elephant riding a motorcycle into our room. Once I'd woken up a bit more I realised it was the person next door snoring. A few days later, another family moved into that room and decided to rearrange their furniture at 12am. As you do on holiday at that time.

The restaurant was fine, the food selection was a little monotonous but we quickly discovered that if we didnt pile our plates with everything on offer, in one go, like most people, then it was a bit more interesting. The English people were what let this restaurant down. I saw at least 8 people taking tin foil in there and wrapping food up...obviously unable to wait the 3 hours before lunch/dinner. Or, maybe it was because they needed energy to get to the snack bar which, by the way served food 12 hours a day, which was inconveniently placed RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the restaurant? Some people...

The pool areas were nice and clean although there aren't any parasols at all, which I found strange considering the hotel is family based, and most families like to plonk their children under a shaded parasol for at least an hour a day whilst they napped? It meant that every time we wanted to put our 18 month old down for a sleep, one of us had to go back to the room with him, wasting precious tanning time. I blame marina parc for my less than satisfactory tan this year.

The children's entertainment was really repetitive but the songs were really catchy, and even now I'm humming one as I speak. I think the children enjoyed it, and secretly I think many of the adults did too, but it was pretty much the same every night. So much so, that if marina parc want to hire me to perform it, I'm available from May to August, and don't need any lessons.

By the way, little tip, don't bother taking that little train thing around the island, it cost us 18 euros and isn't as interesting as its made out to be. They drop you at the beach which you could walk to in 10 minutes anyway.

Overall the holiday was fine. We enjoyed it and since it was our sons first holiday abroad, it catered for everything we expected. Just beware of any Brits beholding tin foil.

12  Thank Kate H
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on 12/6/13 til 19/6/13 the bad reviews are over the top it was a nice place the swimming pools are good but cold at first they are nice to get in to after getting hot sun bathing and the water park was good fun and the food was good a good selection and a lot of fish after day 3 we were getting fed up of going to eat there but that's our preference . Room was ok big enough for 2adults and a child but not 4star , not far from the beach which is beautiful and next to. A children area with bounce castles and a few shops ...the staff are very nice and try there hardest BUT the only thing that lets this place down is the entertainment it's that poor in the evenings even if you try and get drunk on the weak alcohol it's still shocking the children disco don't start til late then drags. On with adult certificates for day time activities overall a nice week with a group of us if we didn't have the weather then I wouldn't know at to do

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived on the 29/05/2013,for a weeks holiday,ive never been more shocked in my life by the state of this hotel.
Health and safety for kids is a total joke, as there dangers at every turn, Our room was filthy and if you complain to the cleaners you get a mouthful of abuse in Spanish,Please check your matrass as ours was living with minute ants, and also full of soiled stains, I threw it out on the balcony, and walked to another room the cleaners were in and demanded a replacement, they
did give us one but it wasn't much better.
The walls are paper thin and trust me you can hear everything, food was always cold and repetitive, also a total joke queuing up for a beer as there was only one bar tender on, he did his best, but when you wait 40 minutes on getting served its not on.
Unfortunately we never brought enough money with us to get moved to a different hotel as a lot of guests just upped and left, those were the lucky ones, we got left with all the chavs and had to witness a few fights.
First Choice you should be ashamed at yourself for letting any decent British family go on holiday to here,in my opinion they are just stealing your money and there will be a serious accident here.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived there on 22/5/13 with an open mind after reading the terrible reviews. On arrival we could see&hear many people complaining to the reps. We were transported to our hotel block(off site??) via golf buggy- our luggage was not stowed correctly & fell onto the rd damaging our luggage. As we pulled up to our hotel we were shocked when 3 separate bucketfuls of bleached mop water were thrown over the balcony by the cleaners landing on our luggage. This damaged several items in the cases as well as the outside of the cases. Once in our room we were met with mouldy ceilings,dirty walls& a huge tree blocking our balcony instead of the pool view we had booked. We had no toilet rolls, two coat hangers& one hand towel for a family of 4. The pool area wasn't cleaned and there was rubbish& food in the pool. The lack of staff in the bar was ridiculous& often we gave up waiting. The food was awful, cold & poor choice. I always travel all inclusive & whilst I don't an a'la carte meal I expect it to be edible. Many people paid to move to another hotel, we tried this for four days& after being messed about by the reps we paid £1200 to move to another hotel! The children's play area is a death trap-concrete& gravel & what plastic mats are there are torn & hard. I have never stayed anywhere like it & would never return. The hotel manager said he would refund the money for our cases & clothes damaged once we emailed him the details- as of yet we have not had a reply to our email but remain hopeful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 6 in Punta Prima
Valentin Son Bou
Valentin Son Bou
#2 of 8 in Son Bou

Been to Hotel Marina Parc? Share your experiences!