“Hot Food issue still remains”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pino Alto

Hotel Pino Alto
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miami Platja
Dublin
“Hot Food issue still remains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I revisited this hotel for 8 days recently with my wife and unfortunately they still serve luke warm food at breakfast and dinner . We stayed B&B for half the time and HB the rest.

At Breakfast they have plenty of juices , ham, cheese, breads , Good assortment of fruit , yogurts , cava teas etc but the "hot " selection is poor bacon, eggs, frankfurters, scrambled eggs are both poor in quality and always only luke warm even if you are at 7:30 when breakfast starts.

Dinner - great variety of salads , starters - prawns , tuna etc fruits , ice creams and cake deserts . Alas the main courses still lets them down - choice of 4 mains , chips and veg ( Veg is watery like the tinned variety) . Quality of mains varies and is always luke warm.

Thankfully they have a microwave in the dinning room and you can zap your mains to a piping hot plate.

There something about the place I like.. its peaceful and within a 5 minute walk you have a great selection of Restaurants ( about 10 in the Marina and loads along the Playa Cristal boardwalk .

I will probably go back but I think I'll skip the HB option . On a plus rooms were cleaned daily and linen and towels changed every day

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DavidKelly1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever set foot in. DISGUSTING doesn't cover it. Dated beyond belief. ThIs place needed redecorating forty years ago. I booked in and was asked to pay in advance for my three day stay. Clearly they know that most people check out the second they check in.

The rooms are like retirement home cells where I wouldn't send my worst enemy. Depression hit me the second I walked into my room or rooms as it turned out.

My first room smelled of urine and cigarettes and had three 'beds' in a 2x3 meter room. I booked a twin. When I called reception they told me they couldn't remove the third bed but I could change rooms. Hallelujah, I thought I might get something a bit better.

The second room had two beds but was equally dated and disgusting.

I can't tell u about the food because I was so petrified of ingesting anything in the place.

I checked out the next day and checked in to a three star down the road.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Anon A

Travelers are raving about these Miami Platja hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The resort is built in a way where the rooms are facing inward into this semi-circle. This helps to keep the place feeling like a local community.
The pool is good and there is quite a few family activites to enjoy.

However there are some negative points:
- The place feels very very dated
- There are some flies in the lobby and the breakfast area
- My airconditioning in the room was not working at all
- The shower was built badly, it was hard to point the shower on yourself, and it is easy to flood the place
- The place is advertised as 4 stars, but it feels more like a 2-3 star resort.
- The elevator was broken, this is bad for me being on the top floor with suitcases
- The sliding balcony doors were falling apart
- There are staircases as you walk along the hallway to your room, due to the terrain. It is not friendly to the aged and disabled, or people with heavy cases.
- and breakfast was okay to average quality.

At least it's a relatively cheap resort, there is free wifi and coverage is good throughout
The beach is also walking distance from the resort which is a big plus.

I think this place needs a renovation, but I have a feeling they can't afford it.

However, I can't recommend this place unless you are on a tight budget looking for a cheap getaway with your kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Nick B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a typical summer budget resort. If you expect to be spoiled, you will be disappointed. The place is a short distance from the beach and has a family-friendly budget feel to it. The rooms are clean and the air-conditioning works. Beware, it is only open in the summer. The food is average, but this is not an issue in Spain. There are places not far away with good food. A perk for me, the hotel is around villas, as opposed to majority of hotels. This gives it a less touristy, less crowded feeling.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aggie K
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Dear Mr David Kelly:

I sincerelly thank your comments and sugestions, and I asure you I´ll do my best to improve
our food service. However, to have food really hot (not only warm) in a Buffet service is fast
imposible, we risk to dry it to much and to burn it.
I wish you a nice winter and hope your visit next summer (HB of course)
With best Regards

Domingo Traver Quiles
HOTEL PINO ALTO
Avda. Playa Cristal, 18 43892 - MIAMI TARRAGONA ESPAÑA
Telf. 977 811 000 Fax. 977 810 907

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have just come back from a stay at Pino Alto

This is not a 4 star hotel, it should be 3 stars, for everything except the food in the evenings, which is 1 star, bad quality, boring and repetitive. The rooms are ok a decent size, clean though a bit rough around the edges, most of the breakfast was decent, fresh fruit, yoghurts, lots of nice bread, cheese, meat and ordinary juice (not freshly squeezed). That is, except the cooked food, which looked really bad and we did not touch. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the location is very quiet, ie not much going on near by, shops etc, though it is noisy at night because of the entertainment each evening. The beach is very close and nice. Parking is available through the hotel at a charge, but I was told this was really for people who just wanted to park their car for the week without using it. The hotel advised us to park on the street, which was very easy, there were always spaces and it is free
The other people were mainly Spanish, many with young children
My teenagers really enjoyed the pool, lovely and warm, seemed clean enough to me, there also seemed to be plenty of sun loungers some around the pool and the rest on the grass which was a nice place to lie in the sun and read

Room Tip: The entertainment at night can be a bit noisy, so it might be better to have a room that does not ov...