We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Estival Park Hotel. We stayed in hotel 2 on an all inclusive basis. We have returned feeling great, it was a lovely holiday but I have a few bits of what I feel is constructive criticism and I hope the hotel can use this to make improvements.
I travelled with my young daughter who is nearly 3 and was very much looking forward to getting into the adult pool for some swimming lesson time however one side of the pool, the deep side is VERY deep! It could be on the verge of dangerous! I understand there is another half of the pool for the kids which is around knee depth but it isn't big enough for everyone to use when the hotel is full. It was such a shame as I didn't use the pool as much as I would have liked.
I found the pool area very clean and we always got a sunbed even if we arrived late morning. The snack bar by the pool is excellent and so are the range of drinks on offer! Proper coca cola from the dispenser and branded soft drinks....a huge fridge full of bottled water to help yourself to and a freezer full of ice lollies for the kids. The crisps and peanuts are a nice touch too especially in the evening when sitting having a drink.
The rooms are very clean and well maintained however the bathrooms are starting to look a little tired. The bed was comfortable and we had plenty of space.
The evening entertainment was very good compared to previous hotels we have stayed in however I felt the shows started too late...10pm most nights. The kids disco finishes at 8:30 and then the entertainment stops until 10pm, I feel this is too long especially being a family hotel.
The best part of the hotel is the kids club, especially Anita she is absolutely fantastic with the children and remembered my daughters name after spending 20 minutes with her...this makes such a difference! She is funny, lively and all the children loved her...what a credit to the hotel! My daughter wanted to go to the kids club everyday as the activities were great.
The food is very good, it did get repetitive but what all inclusive doesn't! The quality of the meat and salad was very good and the wine was lovely.
We hired bikes one day from reception and felt the price was brilliant value...€6 for 2 hours! We also walked into Salou a few times which is a nice safe walk along the cycle path...it took around 20 minutes.
For couples the spa looked lovely and is reasonably priced. The indoor pool is nice but they make you wear a swim cap and charge 2 euros for these!
Overall we were really pleased with the hotel....we have stayed in some beautiful hotels around the world but for Spain I think it's great if they could just tweak a few things! None of the negative things are major we still had a great time and would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Estival Park hotel complex is a resort in La Pineda de Vila-seca (Tarragona) covering an area of 110,000 m2 and comprising three five-storey hotel buildings with a total capacity of 899 rooms, a two-storey building (the Club Hotel) with 69 rooms, and 150 apartments managed by Estival Park within the same complex.In the centre of the complex stands the Sports, Beauty & Wellness Centre and a new leisure spa, the AQUUM Spa & Club. These facilities occupy an area of 11,250 m2 at the heart of the complex with easy access from the hotel, Club and apartment buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Estival Park Salou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estival Park Salou Hotel La Pineda
- Estival Park Hotel Salou
- Estival Park Resort Salou
- Estival Park Salou La Pineda, Spain - Costa Dorada