3,976 results
All reviews snack bar water park duplex room aquum spa sports centre hotel number salad crisps dolphin show ice lollies burger toasties kids club every night tennis courts first choice rep bottled water
Reviewed June 4, 2014

When we first arrived we were pleasantly surprised, lovely looking hotel and clean reception, staff were also helpful. However when we got to our room it was situated right next to reception in which we thought perfect!!! the room had two floors the children were on the ground near the balcony door and the adults were upstairs, I found this unsafe especially if anyone was to break in (little paranoid I know but you have to be safe when children are concerned). Our room was also situated above the room entertainment was held in, so if we wanted a quiet night or a bit of peace through day it was not going to happen. The housekeeping cupboard was also next to our room and we could constantly hear the door slamming at all times of the day, even very early morning. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were lovely, yet they never once dusted or swept as dust was thick on the soles of our feet.

The food was basic and edible, the restaurant was always busy and I did not like this due to the small size of it and constantly bumping into people. The chefs were quick to replenish food and the waitresses and waiters were lovely.

The entertainment on a night was poor, we have two children aged 6 and 8 and they did not like it. It did not start until 8.30 too which was a little late for kids, as there are three hotels to this complex the entertainment for the kids would be in different hotels. The daytime entertainment was good for very small kids, my 6 year old wanted to play football but the minimum age was 8, hes a boy who does not appreciate sitting and painting with the younger children. The bar area was small with not enough seating for people to sit and it was a case of fighting for seats.

The location was perfect, 5 minute walk to local shops and the beach in which was nice and clean and spacious. There is a water park nearby and a theme park, we also visited Barcelona and went to Nou camp in which was well worth the money. You can get excursions cheaper than the hotel however the companies don't drop you at the doorstep unlike our operator.

I would not revisit this hotel as I feel it did not meet my standards.

Room tip: Higher floors are less noisier.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank vickiem952
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Myself my wife and 2 children spent last week at the estival park salou 2 hotel. We were all inclusive and really couldn't find any fault with the hotel or the staff, food very satisfying and the staff very friendly. My only gripe with the hotel was the evening entertainment which didn't start till 10pm was very average at best and on two occasions lasted 30mins, hardly worth waiting around for! The beach is a 3 min walk which is great and their is a few shops and restaurants on the strip. Went to a restaurant on one occasion called " la tageatelle" food great service very poor, they forgot to give me my main course after my wife and daughter received and finished theirs, I asked for the bill and explained that I didn't receive my main course, I got a half hearted apology and that was about it. This place didn't care about customer service as they knew I was a passing trade that will never be seen again. Stay well clear folks to avoid disappointment .

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank David C
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a weeks stay here. First thing is the family room. It was spacious but was like a trip back to the eighties! No tea or coffee facilities either. Next was the dinning area. Most of the staff are very rude but not all. A lot of them walk round eating chewy with long faces. It's like feeding time at the zoo dodging round staff and other holiday makers. Hectic is not the word!! The food is nice but pretty much the same every day. Then there's the bar staff! They really don't want to serve you or like you. It's so obvious! After tea there is nothing for the kids to do or the parents so they drink while the kids run wild. Entertainment doesn't start till 10pm. Bit late for toddlers! It's chaos! Found the cleaners,reception and the kids club entertainers very friendly and helpful. Hotel was nice and clean on the whole. But wouldn't go back there again.

2  Thank Jasonj27
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for a week with my 2 young boys out first family holiday and we had an absoloutley ball, we were all inclusive and the choice of food from 3 restraunts was great my youngest is usually a pukey eater but he ate everything in site!! We stayed in a one bed apartment which was absoloutley spotless on arrival and cleaned every single day, the staff were lovely and we ha no issues with noise etc! We only arrived home on Friday past and have been away pricing estival for next year again!! Have recommended it to every1 an will definitely be back :)

4  Thank Lauraburke89
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed ere with my husband an childern then 7 and 18months we stayed in apartment num 7931 on 27/07/12.we loved every minute of our stay our apartment was part of the aquasplash with thomspon so u r in a sercured block of apartments with a shared pool but you can still use the hotel pools.u get free entry into the waterpark everyday which is only a stones throw away and the beach is directly across road.the food was always lovely and plenty to choose from my daughter loved getting the pancakes made to order.the childern can get ice lollies and drinks all day.the staff were always so freindly to us even when we locked r selfs out an made a really efford to talk to the childern we r come back on the 6th june and cant wait if going to la pineda or salou and have kids I recommend this hotel

Date of stay: July 2013