“Good for families, bud don't go there as a couple”
Review of Estival Park Salou

Estival Park Salou
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with big family (3 adults and 3 kids). Had the apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen and living area that was ok for us. The only down point - we heard our neighbours with small kids that were noisy every time parents tried to get them in bed.
The hotel has a mini-club that my kids loved, seperate pool for the appartments area. The food was great - it might seem being the same, but you have a lot to choose from: fish, meat, vegetables, lots of fruit, delicious desserts!
I put only "4 out of 5" because hotel seems to be crowded, I can imagine in summer it gets very busy! And if you are staying without children - be ready to see lots of kids everywhere, and it's not romantic.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Chernichka
Write a ReviewReviews (3,567)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

When we first arrived we were pleasantly surprised, lovely looking hotel and clean reception, staff were also helpful. However when we got to our room it was situated right next to reception in which we thought perfect!!! the room had two floors the children were on the ground near the balcony door and the adults were upstairs, I found this unsafe especially if anyone was to break in (little paranoid I know but you have to be safe when children are concerned). Our room was also situated above the room entertainment was held in, so if we wanted a quiet night or a bit of peace through day it was not going to happen. The housekeeping cupboard was also next to our room and we could constantly hear the door slamming at all times of the day, even very early morning. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were lovely, yet they never once dusted or swept as dust was thick on the soles of our feet.

The food was basic and edible, the restaurant was always busy and I did not like this due to the small size of it and constantly bumping into people. The chefs were quick to replenish food and the waitresses and waiters were lovely.

The entertainment on a night was poor, we have two children aged 6 and 8 and they did not like it. It did not start until 8.30 too which was a little late for kids, as there are three hotels to this complex the entertainment for the kids would be in different hotels. The daytime entertainment was good for very small kids, my 6 year old wanted to play football but the minimum age was 8, hes a boy who does not appreciate sitting and painting with the younger children. The bar area was small with not enough seating for people to sit and it was a case of fighting for seats.

The location was perfect, 5 minute walk to local shops and the beach in which was nice and clean and spacious. There is a water park nearby and a theme park, we also visited Barcelona and went to Nou camp in which was well worth the money. You can get excursions cheaper than the hotel however the companies don't drop you at the doorstep unlike our operator.

I would not revisit this hotel as I feel it did not meet my standards.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vickie m
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Myself my wife and 2 children spent last week at the estival park salou 2 hotel. We were all inclusive and really couldn't find any fault with the hotel or the staff, food very satisfying and the staff very friendly. My only gripe with the hotel was the evening entertainment which didn't start till 10pm was very average at best and on two occasions lasted 30mins, hardly worth waiting around for! The beach is a 3 min walk which is great and their is a few shops and restaurants on the strip. Went to a restaurant on one occasion called " la tageatelle" food great service very poor, they forgot to give me my main course after my wife and daughter received and finished theirs, I asked for the bill and explained that I didn't receive my main course, I got a half hearted apology and that was about it. This place didn't care about customer service as they knew I was a passing trade that will never be seen again. Stay well clear folks to avoid disappointment .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank David C
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a weeks stay here. First thing is the family room. It was spacious but was like a trip back to the eighties! No tea or coffee facilities either. Next was the dinning area. Most of the staff are very rude but not all. A lot of them walk round eating chewy with long faces. It's like feeding time at the zoo dodging round staff and other holiday makers. Hectic is not the word!! The food is nice but pretty much the same every day. Then there's the bar staff! They really don't want to serve you or like you. It's so obvious! After tea there is nothing for the kids to do or the parents so they drink while the kids run wild. Entertainment doesn't start till 10pm. Bit late for toddlers! It's chaos! Found the cleaners,reception and the kids club entertainers very friendly and helpful. Hotel was nice and clean on the whole. But wouldn't go back there again.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jasonj27
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for a week with my 2 young boys out first family holiday and we had an absoloutley ball, we were all inclusive and the choice of food from 3 restraunts was great my youngest is usually a pukey eater but he ate everything in site!! We stayed in a one bed apartment which was absoloutley spotless on arrival and cleaned every single day, the staff were lovely and we ha no issues with noise etc! We only arrived home on Friday past and have been away pricing estival for next year again!! Have recommended it to every1 an will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Lauraburke89
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed ere with my husband an childern then 7 and 18months we stayed in apartment num 7931 on 27/07/12.we loved every minute of our stay our apartment was part of the aquasplash with thomspon so u r in a sercured block of apartments with a shared pool but you can still use the hotel pools.u get free entry into the waterpark everyday which is only a stones throw away and the beach is directly across road.the food was always lovely and plenty to choose from my daughter loved getting the pancakes made to order.the childern can get ice lollies and drinks all day.the staff were always so freindly to us even when we locked r selfs out an made a really efford to talk to the childern we r come back on the 6th june and cant wait if going to la pineda or salou and have kids I recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank shenymcg
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just got back 2 days ago.

We stayed in hotel 1 and found this was nice and quiet, we had a wait for the room as we got there at 11am but this was expected and we got our room at 12.30, we were also offered a locked room to store our luggage until our room was available. The check in staff were very friendly if you took the time to speak to them like people (some english people were very rude and they got the same treatment back).

The rooms are very basic, clean but not 4 star. I hate being squashed into a double room when there are 3 of you, and this was very sqaushed. The fridge you can use if you wish to store milk for children, or chocolate! The safes you pay for at 2 Euro a night (disappointing as most places now offer these as standard) no tea or coffee making facilities (you can get this downstairs at the bar, but by the time you reach your room it is cold). The TV only really has the news channel in English. The rooms are cleaned and made up daily. The communal parts .
of the hotel are lovely.

The dining room has great food although very much the same each night, my biggest annoyance was not being seated. You walk through the dining room with lots of people all going various ways, searching for a table, very frustrating, would rather be seated by staff. Again staff were very friendly if you were.

Pool was small and cold but the waterpark was great, so spent most of our time there (no queues) and it was all quite close together so could let our 11 year old go and do what slides he wanted whilst lazing on the lounger. Food and water expensive but you can order a picnic from reception the day before and get bottled water from the bar area before you go.

Animation team for both adults and children was great, not too much but just enough. Alex and Sangita were amazing.

Used indoor pool once but it is very small, you need a swimming hat here, bring your own or buy there 2 or 3 euros each.

I have got to say I will not be returning here to the hotel or the area, the holiday was ok but not quite as I hoped.

Room Tip: Did not have any problems with noise and we looked over the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
#5 of 8 in La Pineda
Golden Donaire Beach Hotel
PortAventura Hotel Gold River
PortAventura Hotel Mansion de Lucy

Been to Estival Park Salou? Share your experiences!