When we first arrived we were pleasantly surprised, lovely looking hotel and clean reception, staff were also helpful. However when we got to our room it was situated right next to reception in which we thought perfect!!! the room had two floors the children were on the ground near the balcony door and the adults were upstairs, I found this unsafe especially if anyone was to break in (little paranoid I know but you have to be safe when children are concerned). Our room was also situated above the room entertainment was held in, so if we wanted a quiet night or a bit of peace through day it was not going to happen. The housekeeping cupboard was also next to our room and we could constantly hear the door slamming at all times of the day, even very early morning. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were lovely, yet they never once dusted or swept as dust was thick on the soles of our feet.
The food was basic and edible, the restaurant was always busy and I did not like this due to the small size of it and constantly bumping into people. The chefs were quick to replenish food and the waitresses and waiters were lovely.
The entertainment on a night was poor, we have two children aged 6 and 8 and they did not like it. It did not start until 8.30 too which was a little late for kids, as there are three hotels to this complex the entertainment for the kids would be in different hotels. The daytime entertainment was good for very small kids, my 6 year old wanted to play football but the minimum age was 8, hes a boy who does not appreciate sitting and painting with the younger children. The bar area was small with not enough seating for people to sit and it was a case of fighting for seats.
The location was perfect, 5 minute walk to local shops and the beach in which was nice and clean and spacious. There is a water park nearby and a theme park, we also visited Barcelona and went to Nou camp in which was well worth the money. You can get excursions cheaper than the hotel however the companies don't drop you at the doorstep unlike our operator.
I would not revisit this hotel as I feel it did not meet my standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Estival Park hotel complex is a resort in La Pineda de Vila-seca (Tarragona) covering an area of 110,000 m2 and comprising three five-storey hotel buildings with a total capacity of 899 rooms, a two-storey building (the Club Hotel) with 69 rooms, and 150 apartments managed by Estival Park within the same complex.In the centre of the complex stands the Sports, Beauty & Wellness Centre and a new leisure spa, the AQUUM Spa & Club. These facilities occupy an area of 11,250 m2 at the heart of the complex with easy access from the hotel, Club and apartment buildings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Estival Park Salou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estival Park Salou Hotel La Pineda
- Estival Park Hotel Salou
- Estival Park Resort Salou
- Estival Park Salou La Pineda, Spain - Costa Dorada