Hotel Best Terramarina
  • Breakfast included
Palas Pineda(La Pineda)
$103
  • Beachfront
Gran Palas Hotel(La Pineda)
$171
$57
  • Restaurant
$84
  • Pool
All reviewsa nice relaxing breakcold buffetall inclusive dealreus airportlots of choicenice hotelon arrivalpool areakettleloungesaloucleanersspain
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Terramarina is located directly on beach on main street of la Pineda. Direct access to beach from rear of hotel with beautiful cafe overlooking the water,Bus stops located 1 minutes walk from hotel. Small pool area with loungers at front of hotel, however there are not the most comfortable as no mattresses are provided and you have to lie directly on the hard base, however sunbeds and umbrellas can be rented at the beach at a cost of 3.50euros per person per day. I had a lovely large double room with balcony overlooking the beach and the pool area which got the sun from early morning until noon, a small fridge and LCD TV, however only one English channel available, BBC world news. Free WiFi available but only worked in reception area not in room or at pool. Meals served buffet style. Breakfast amazing with freshly cooked pancakes and omelettes made to order as well as cereals, fresh fruit,scones, croissants,sweet breads, yogurts ,also cheeses,cold meats, hot selection of bacon, sausage, fried egg, beans,to name but a few.dinner buffet also good with selection of salads, hot soup, meat and fish dishes, vegetables and potatoes, selection of cakes and pastries fresh pineapple,melons,and Ice cream. I would highly recommend this hotel and will Definatly be back.

• Stayed: May 2012
7  Thank IrelandMaire
nominado, Gerente at Hotel Best Terramarina, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

I thank you very much for your opinion, your recomendation and the time dedicated to explain it on detail .
I am aswell very glad that you enjoyed the time in hotel Terramarina. We would be very happy to see anytime in La Pineda and tell you it again personaly.
Best regards

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Professional photographs of this hotel do not present the real picture. This is not a 4 Star hotel: rather 2 stars.

Good things:
- location;
- nice match of colors in the design.

Not so good:
- absence of comforters in a cold weather. We arrived in the evening and had to sleep in clothing due to cold temperature. The heater did not work. It took staff 18 hours to deliver us warm blankets...that looked very warn out;
- towels are very old, do not look professionally cleaned, greyish color instead of white;
- bad odor in the bathroom;
- no beach towels;
- same, old same menu for breakfast;
- very small pool, located by the road.

I would not recommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LanaGorn
nominado, Gerente at Hotel Best Terramarina, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

I thank you for at least two good thinks about our hotel.
For the other not so good : out of the cold arrival, due to an electrical problem with warm air conditioning as a consequence of a big storm in the area , and the situation of our swiming pool , i would have apreciated that by the ocasion of our few cordial conversations at the recepcion desk of the hotel , to hear about your deception for our services.
I may guarentee you that we would have probably founded a solution about those ptoblems or at least , looked out for a compensation for your desagrements.
By the way, I am sure that you will agree that the profesional photos are corresponding on the reality with the instalations of our hotel...I wish to remenber you that the same photos are exposed in front of the reception...
In any case , I am sincerely sorry that we did not reach your legitim satisfaction, and I take note of your desagrements to evitate them for others clients.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Myself and my family decided on the Terramarina because of the great reviews and the look of the hotel but let me say looks are not everything, infact thats all this hotel has going for it. I honestly dont know where to start, could it be the rude staff that had no interest in helping us when approached with our concerns, or could it be the lack of half decent food...........the list could go on.
Yes the hotel is lovely and if the staff was nicer, the hotel maybe in a better location and the food being maybe the standard of a 4* hotel it would have been fantastic.
When we arrived we had missed our evening meal so could not judge what it was going to be like but we soon realised how terrible it was at breakfast, cold unedible food and when we asked if there was a problem with there hot plaits we was told no the food is always served cold and we was pointed to a microwave. We all decided to give it another chance and said let see what the evening meal has to offer but once again we was very dissappointed with lack of choice and cold food. Please, Please, please read and take heed of this review as we would have been grateful of someone being honest with us before going. We lost out on 2 days of our holiday then trying to find alternative accommidation.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank mrsbrowne_10
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I booked a trip to Pineda for a short break with my family. When we arrived at the hotel the welcome from the reception was luke warm and very unfriendly. The hotel decor was lovely but that was where it ended. When we went down to breakfast we could not believe what was on offer, it was cold and disgusting, we complained to the staff and they said that the food, eggs, beans, bacon etc was always served cold and if we wanted it hot we should put it in the microwave which looked like it was ten years old and offered no heat at all. The evening meal was worse with rabbit as the main course. I would not recommend this hotel if you like good food.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Tonyelliott
Reviewed October 1, 2010

The hotel itself didn't look too bad. It was quite modern and clean at first glance. The room was kept clean and was a reasonable size with a balcony and no noise could be heard through the walls. The hotel backs right on to the beach and is on the edge of the main strip of La Pineda. We booked the room to include breakfast and dinner which was a waste of money. The food was quite bad really and apart from being forced there due to bad weather, after a couple of visits we decided we wouldn’t go back even though it was paid for. The restaurant staff didn't like it if you sat on a table that they had already set up for the next sitting, even if you arrived for your meal well within the allocated time slots. This meant that even though there were empty tables which had a great view of the beach, you couldn't sit there as the staff wouldn't allow you to. I found most of the staff extremely unhelpful. A smile wouldn't have hurt and they were most unwilling to try to help or speak English. I think the hotel is more prepared for Russian tourists than British. Be prepared to pay a daily fee for the use of the safe in the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple