“Clara ”
Review of Palas Pineda

Palas Pineda
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a great value hotel. It has everything you would need for a family break. It is perfectly situated for the beach, shops & restaurants. It has a few places which could do with a re paint but in the whole cleanliness is very good. The food is typical hot buffet food which is ok but can be repetitive. Hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. English spoken.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ClaraClick

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The holidays started from horrible experience in the lobby of the hotel ...my sister was robbed in the reception area!Passports,driver license, camera and money were stolen!Absolutly no security in the hotel,anybody can come in and out !Administration of the hotel even did not apologized I am not even talking compensate for the accident! Nobody cared or bothered to do anything about it.
As a matter of fact this is not a single accident!But hotel management do not do anything about it!
Too cheap to post a security personal at the entries!Overall hotel is outdated and required TLC.Food is nothing to write home about,very plain,overlooked in some occasions and undercooked in others.Stuff is lazy,hardly want to help you,making check in and out long and painfully difficult!The view form Palas2 is beautiful but that is about the nicest thing I can say about this Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Luda U
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip last month to La Pineda. My cousin and I along with 3 children aged 9-12 stayed at the Palas Pineda for one week. We had a great experience and would definately return. The hotel was extremely clean and child friendly staff were very warm although could only speak very little english if at all. The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily along with towels changed daily regardless. Very good choice of food in the restaurant, and breakfast was good too. We enjoyed our evening meals most nights,the staff were also attentive. Would definately recommend all inclusive as it would have been extremely expensive otherwise. Pools were good and not too packed, although the first day we got caught out as we didnt go to the pool until around noon at which time there were no sunbeds. We hung around and managed to get sun beds after a couple of hours. The safe cost 20euros as well as 10euro deposit, felt this was quite costly as the hotels i would normally stay in safes come free... If you want a towel this is also 10euros which is refunded upon departure providing you return the towel, you are able to change towels daily or more often should you wish. The pool bar entertainment wasnt tthat great to be honest but we didnt mind as we were always busy doing something or the other. The beach is litterally a stones throw away which is really lovely and a parade of shops on the beach front as well as restaurants. The hotel is made up of two parts it appears that the rooms in the main building have been refurbished however, the rooms on the other side have not. We were so glad when we realised we had the nicer rooms as we didnt like the look of the blue floral bedding and matching curtains. Kids played happily by the pool most days and were watched over closely by the life guards. Enterainment by the pool half way through our hols helped as staff provided inflatable slides etc whereby the children had alot of fun, they also played music for a few days which made a nice change and it was not too loud. The icecream is lovely by the way at the pool bar, although there didnt appear to be a great deal of food choices, merely hotdogs, a small selection of cakes and pizza, and a choice of fruit. Not that we were really hungry as we tended to be full from breakfast and lunch etc

Lastly, the bar on the 1st floor near reception is lovely, with a nice outdoor seating area and omg they really like to fill your drinks halfway with whatever spirit, before adding your mixer... I had to beg them to stop way before the halfway mark.

We took a trip to Porterventura which was a short bus ride away. Great theme park, definately well worth the visit. Upon leaving we had a early flight so staff provided us with picnic boxes for each of us for breakfast. The contents of which wasn't great but hey its the thought that counts.
Definately a great choice for all.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building have been refurbished so much nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank HoneyB123
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at Palas Pineda at least 10 times now!! I love it - excellent value in May or September . very homely and the beach on your doorstep what more could you wamt? suitable for everybody young or older.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed in the resort of La Pineda 3 times, and the last 2 times we stayed in this hotel. The first was my husband and I for my 30th birthday, and the 2nd time we came back with our children and extended family. Both holidays were amazing we had a brilliant time and we are planning to go back next summer. We always go all inclusive I like the freedom of the kids being able to go and get drinks and ice cream as they please, it gives more freedom with your spending money, the all inclusive food was great I have 3 somewhat fussy eaters who enjoyed all their meals they have a different kind of theme each night. The hotel has lots of space and great pools, the staff are lovely and some even remembered us from our 1st stay, the rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels. The hotel itself is spotless. We love this resort as you are close to the beach which is just across the road and you have the option of going into Salou for shopping and nightlife. There is the theme park of Portaventura which we love, though we always buy our tickets for the park on the internet before we go as to buy them at the park entrance is quite expensive. When we went as a couple it was October the hotel was quiet which was what I wanted as I needed a relaxed holiday and it suited us, it seem to be more couples and older people there at that time of year, the 2nd time was June which was more families with kids, both holidays were totally different but the same hotel which was amazing on both occasions.

Room Tip: pool view room is nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank cathy m
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Brilliant hotel very clean! Food is what you expect for an all inclusive hotel I'm fussy with food and put it this way I didn't starve :) rooms were spotless. It was mine and my partners first holiday together and his first time and we couldn't of picked a better place. Close to the beach and near by water park walking distance. Barcelona is a must beautiful city and well worth the money for excursion. Looking to book again for next year to take my family and little one. :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Loopylucy377
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and my family stayed here in the middle of May, It was amazing! Was greeted by lovely staff and very easy to get to the rooms. The food was lovely! Waiters were lovely! Entertainment was amazing! I couldn't have stayed here without all inclusive though! My sister (3) loved it! We went in the pool together everyday, the kids club was amazing, she loved that she could join in with bingo and help the staff to pick out the numbers! Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 8 in La Pineda
Hotel Best Sol D'Or
Hotel Best Sol D'Or
#41 of 93 in Salou

Been to Palas Pineda? Share your experiences!