“Superb Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Pineda
Lancashire
“Superb Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Six of us aged between 79 and 25 have just returned from a brilliant week at La Hacienda. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and the friendliness of the staff, at reception, in the dining room and at the bar, was evident throughout our stay. We were all inclusive, the meals were really good all week - we even had steak one evening! The breakfasts were great and the other meals provided enough variety for a fussy eater like me - my wife and mother-in-law were certainly impressed with the desserts! Everywhere was really clean and I must admit I'm amazed at some of the previous negative comments on here about the hotel, I would certainly return to La Hacienda in the future and would recommend it to any of my friends - for the price we paid we had a near perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Our three rooms were by the road but a good night's sleep was enjoyed in all cases!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ForeveRed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Buckley, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just got back from a week in this hotel. Fully inclusive with my wife, kids and in-laws and I loved it! The hotel itself is immaculate and the pool area is kept in perfect condition!

The only gripe I have is that the food was very samey and quite often not too tasty although tasty enough!

Rooms were made up every day and towels were replaced too.

It is just a small walk (15 minutes) to the water park Aquopolis and around 5 minutes to the beach! On the walk there are a variety of shops and supermarkets!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool won't be much better than the other side since the surroundings are r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Will R
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've just returned from a week AI at La Hacienda. We booked it as a late deal and wanted something with a pool and entertainment during the day and evening for our children.

First impressions were good - the front was clean and air conditioned. Staff not overly friendly but not rude either. We had to pay a deposit to use the fridge and a deposit and daily hire fee for the safe in our room. Not particularly AI!

Our room was basic but clean. Our bath had a rusty looking chip in it but we showered rather than bathed so that was ok. It looked onto the road; we could see Port Aventura and an oil refinery but it was quiet enough at night.

Some pictures of the pools are deceptive. There is a smallish pool, a cold jacuzzi and a paddling pool. The other pool that is in some of the pictures belongs to next door's residential area.
We never saw the pools being cleaned. The jacuzzi was really cloudy towards the end of our stay. However some people we met whose balcony overlooked the pools said they saw the paddling pool being emptied at night and refilled.

The pool area looks as though it could do with a clean. The sun beds and tables were dirty. Some had chewing gum gracing them. Eurgh. We did not have too much of a problem getting sun beds. Out of the three days we spent by the pool there was only one day where we could not find beds. There were definitely more towels than people 'sun bathing' that day but this is an age old problem.

There were organised pool games the days we were there, run by the lifeguards. One of the lifeguards had his arm in a sling - not great in an emergency. ;)

The food was ok. Children's buffet consisted of chips, some sort of pasta and nuggets, fish or similar. We fed them from main buffet, which had lots of fish and pork. We avoided the bacon at breakfast because it looked undercooked - but I am quite fussy with my meat.
Most of the staff were friendly enough. We were always courteous to them and spoke Spanish when we could but some were 'snarlers'. We also found that the drinks were rationed at meal times! They were very reluctant to give us more than one drink - even though they were soft drinks.

The majority of people staying at this hotel were european. The entertainment was in Spanish and started at 9 o'clock, finishing at 11.30 ish. This was very late for our children. They were also reluctant to join in the day and evening entertainment and found it difficult to make friends because of the language barrier, which was disappointing for them.

We liked the location. It was near the beach which was beautiful.
One word of warning -A girl working at La Pineda Supermarket was RUDE! They threw our change at us. Aviod them.

Overall a nice enough hotel but not worth 4 stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Katie O
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We've just returned from la hacienda and after a week it was enough!
The hotel itself was truly lovely.. Clean and well maintained.
The staff were so kind to, if you give respect you get it back!!
The food!! I'm a vegetarian and was stumped all week.. alas I ate every night but had the same everyday!!
Snack bar??? Was there one???
Of course they mean the cheese and ham sandwiches and crisps!! Never ever had that on an all incl!! Really do not get excited about that!!
Entertainment!! Fab if you're fluent in Spanish.. I know we were in spain but it was the same thing every night ..
I went alone with my partner and would not recommend it for families with teenage kids!!
The beach is nearby and lovely.. Hire a Sunbed for 3.5 euros for the whole day :-)
All in all we have had a wonderful relaxing holiday but sadly would not return to this hotel :-(

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank poisonangel
Rhondda, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had never stayed all inclusive before my husband and I took our daughter and two year old grandson for a week. I assumed that he would be able to have ice cream or an ice lolly during the day but there were none available. After swimming in the pool he had longer naps during the day and twice missed lunch. As a result all that was available was cheese and ham sandwiches and crisps. The children's meals in the restaurant were uninspiring and lacked variety. On the other hand there was a lot of choice in the main menu but the dishes were not all labelled and I was not always certain what kind of fish was in front of me or what sort of salad it was that looked so inviting on the cold table.
The floor of the children's pool was very slippery and I saw two people slip and fall into the pool as they walked in.
The hotel overall looked clean and well kept. Our room was cleaned daily and a supply of clean towels was supplied. The holiday on the whole suited our needs with a two year old; a beach within walking distance, a pool and the sun. Entertainment, which was not really one of our needs, was awful and started too late for a two year old. I would not say that I would never go back but the hotel is not in my top ten hotels' list!

Room Tip: Rooms do not really overlook the pool and tend to be noisier as the disco starts at nine and enterta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank MadiDado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Hi I am 14 years old and I went to this hotel with my uncle 37 my little brother 11 and my little cousin 12 we all hated the stay because of the slow service and noone but the receptionist have heard of service with a smile.
The food was close to indelible not even the chief was tasting his food I would recomend anywhere but this hotel.
I can't even describe my anger towards this hotel I don't even know how they could have the oudasity to call this hotel a 4 star hotel because I can tell you it didnt feel like it the food made me feel sick
DON'T MAKE THE SAME WE DID By BOOKING THIS HOTEL
Everyone I met agreed about what I have said and was disgusted with this hotel
P.s the rooms are small
Sincerely T.simpson

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank Slyspeed1
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here from 22 July to 1 August. I was really worried as I booked it several months ago, but reviews of late haven't been up to much. Check in was fine - no porter but it was a few steps to the lift and then a short walk so not a problem. Room 520. From our balcony we could see Portaventura theme park straight ahead, golf course to the left and oil refinery to the right. We simply didn't look to the right. The food in the hotel was my real worry but it really was ok. My 12 year old son and 6 year old daughter had absolutely no complaints. Myself and my partner thought the food ranged from average to good, Pool area excellent. Room cleaned every day. Entertainment not worth bothering with.

La Pineda is a nice enough resort though not the most pretty. Beach is good and clean. The Italian restaurant over the way from the hotel was excellent as was the tapas restaurant to the side of it. Well worth a visit.

Tarragona and Reus both great days out. Portaventura was great. We had a three day ticket from 360 Tickets and their price couldn't be beaten. Tip for park is to go late afternoon and stay late - much shorter waiting times. Aquapolis is an excellent water park and much better than the Caribe water park.

We had a great holiday.

H10 Mediterranean Village
Hotel Terramarina
Hotel Terramarina
#6 of 8 in La Pineda

Been to Gran Hotel La Hacienda? Share your experiences!